Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hack riders in Southwest Washington

I am new to the sport of riding a Hack. Looking for Hack riders in the sw Washington area that would like to get out and ride. We ( My wife and I )are headed for the beach 10/21/06 vie Longview across to Highway 30 west to West Port for a bit of lunch . Take the ferry across to Kathlamath and then on to Long Beach. I want try the rig on the beach. If anyone likes these kind of rides drop me a line . I ride a Ural Patrol, It's not fast but it's a blast.

I just bought a Ural Patrol and it will be delivered the week of Christmas. I live in Corvallis, Oregon and I am looking to do some offroading once I get use to the rig. I'd be up for meeting and going for a ride.
Dick

Yacolt? You are on the other side of one of my favorite rides-Cougar Rock East of Sunset Falls

http://adventuresidecar.com/KLRrides/camasjack.htm

probably be late Spring before we can get up there again. Come on up to Hood River some time and we can do some riding!

I thought more riders would chime in. We live just north of Portland.
We love the Cougar Windriver Road to Carson to the Columbia River gorge loop.

Would be nice to meet at least a handful of riders in the PDX area on some dry day in the near future.

Bruce

'88 Yamaha VR CA FSIII SC

Originally written by RedMenace on 12/13/2006 8:49 PM

Yacolt? You are on the other side of one of my favorite rides-Cougar Rock East of Sunset Falls

http://adventuresidecar.com/KLRrides/camasjack.htm

probably be late Spring before we can get up there again. Come on up to Hood River some time and we can do some riding!

You gotta take Vernon up on this offer! The most fun day during the Stevenson rally was the day we (Archie and I) spent riding the Cougar Rock run with him and crew. It was an absolute blast!!

Originally written by Reardan Tom on 12/14/2006 4:26 AM

You gotta take Vernon up on this offer! The most fun day during the Stevenson rally was the day we (Archie and I) spent riding the Cougar Rock run with him and crew. It was an absolute blast!!

That was a fun ride! Archie sure is a photogenic pup.

some pix from that ride:
http://adventuresidecar.com/Dualsport_Sidecar_ride.htm

Vernon,
Where is Cougar Rock? I know Cowlitz County pretty well, Skamania County not so well. Is there lots of gravel roads on this ride?

Shivering in Kalama,

Bruce

Originally written by Bhaebe on 12/16/2006 8:23 PM

Vernon,
Where is Cougar Rock? I know Cowlitz County pretty well, Skamania County not so well. Is there lots of gravel roads on this ride?

Shivering in Kalama,

Bruce

I beleive it is FS#42 from Yacolt, past Sunset Falls over the ridge and Cougar Rock and east down to Stabler/Hemlock where the ranger station used to be. It is pretty much all gravel road

I ordered my Patrol in August from Raceway Services in Salem , it was delivered in early October . I now have 2k km on the rig . The real wet and cold weather has slowed me down a bit in my riding but I was out Saturday the 23rd for a couple of hours. The rig handles well on the pavement and on gravel roads. Near my place is the national forrest and it is full of gravel roads to ride. Up past Sunset Falls has been closed for awhile due to bridge work , but there are other roads that are open in the area . The pace for me is modest , I am still learning the limits of the rig. Up past Chelatchie ( Between Amboy and Cougar ) is another way to Carson over in the gorge. About eight miles in it turns to gravel and there are three routes to pick from and they all end up in the same area. It's a nice ride. the snow will be up there until April or May.
Bsrider

I like the Hood River area there are some good roads to play on up in that area. I used to live in Welches and took the Lolo Pass road over towards Hood River on my enduro many times. It was always a great ride.
I would look forward to coming that way for a ride. Let me know when.
I enjoy the roads up through Chelatchie ( between Yacolt and Cougar ).
I always enjoy the rides . On the the 23rd I went up that way til I hit snow. I tested the two wheel drive on my Patrol a little then headed back to solid groud.
Bsrider

I will look forward to the ride.
Bsrider