Notifications
Clear all

Hack alignment

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@james-n)
Topic starter

I find a web entry that says the rig should steer straight on level pavement and not yaw under power or braking. Mine steers straight on the level but pulls right under power and left under braking. Is this a result of incorrect alignment? As a  noob it doesn't seem unusual for that to happen, since that would be what you would expect by adding weight and drag on one side, and tracking straight would seem to indicate correct alighment. Thanks to all who can contribute wisdom on this.

Posted : January 17, 2022 6:01 am
(@aceinsav)

James

you are correct, it is normal for the rig to pull left a little under power and right while braking. if you have your brakes set up good with the car that can be almost nil. the pull under power can also be minimized with tilt trim 

Posted : January 17, 2022 7:15 am
(@james-n)
Topic starter

The chair has no brakes, so it's something I have to live with. I expect the yaw to be easier to deal with when I get the trail compensated triple trees installed and I can actually steer.

"the pull under power can also be minimized with tilt trim"

Please explain. (Like I said, I'm a noob when it comes to sidehacks.) Does this refer to the tug leaning away from the chair? How does tilt trim affect yaw under power?

Thanks.

Posted : January 18, 2022 4:20 am
(@aceinsav)

tilt/ trim of the side car, if your car has it. it's when you raise the car to adjust for road camber, this in turn reduces the pull some during acceleration. I don't really understand all the physics.  the tilt trim is not designed to do that but it is a side effect. if the pull is bad your toe may still need to be adjusted a little more, that is the correct way to fix it. 

Posted : January 18, 2022 7:57 am