Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Got my sidecar!

Rode from Bakersfield to Phoenix, about 500 miles on two wheels, had the sidecar installed, took the scenic route back through Arizona and Utah parks, about 1500 miles on three. Great ride, the new hack feels great and looks good too.

Attached files

Nice,

deadhawg - 5/3/2018 12:54 AM

... took the scenic route back through Arizona and Utah parks, about 1500 miles.... Great ride, the new hack feels great and looks good too.

Real Nice!

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Nice Indeed!

Ron, tell us more about your set up.

CCjon - 5/3/2018 10:22 AM

Ron, tell us more about your set up.

The tug is a '16 Road Glide Ultra, mostly stock but with Steerlite triple trees and just a few minor mods for a little more power and comfort.
The hack is a Hannigan Supersport. Hannigan did a great job of color-matching the silver and black sidecar paint to the bike.
I'm not new to sidecars, and when I bought the bike it was with the expectation of adding the hack. I put about 12,000 miles on it on two wheels, had a lot of fun with it, but at 70, the knees and a few other body parts made it difficult to hold up a 900 pound bike, especially on uneven surfaces. Besides, I love the cargo carrying capacity of the hack, it's great for extended camping trips, which we plan on doing a lot of. The wife rides an '05 HD Electraglide with a Hannigan hack too, so we can carry all the stuff we need (and lots we don't)! The grand kids love riding in them too, it's a big hit with them when we pick them up from school.

Attached files