Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Going from 19 to 18 inch front?

Just wondering how you guys figure out what wheel will work? Say from a 19 inch front to an 18 inch or even 17 for a specific bike? Recently bought a Triumph Explorer ( bike has Cast wheels) with a DMC Expedition and looking to go with a bit smaller front wheel so I can go with wider tires of some type. I use the rig 99% Road, not Offroad. If anyone can tell me what’s an easy wheel swap I would very much appreciate it. 

You could have woddies wheels lace you up a cast wheel on a Triumph hub.

We have them making us up 3 sets of three wheels right now for Honda Africa Twins we are building that will run the same tires in all three places.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Here's a handy link to compare tire sizes:  https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?

Duncan

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

Thanks for the info, guys. I was thinking about going to an 18 instead of 19 upfront and a Cobra Trike tire since I’m all about the blacktop type travel, no dirt (unless, ahem, I misjudge a turn in a curve, or whatnot).