USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GL1500 heater connections

While not as efficient, with a high output alternator you can run an inverter and run AC current heaters.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

OK, so I'll go your way. Put copper T fittings in the upper and lower radiator hoses and go from there.

It'll take me a while to do but watch this space.

If you add plumbing to the bike's cooling system doesn't that upset the design parameters of the system? Seems to me you'll be removing more heat which means the engine will run cooler - maybe too cool?

Never heard of an engine running too cool, but not sure the pump will handle added load. Probably, you aren't adding much work, an unobstructed hose would just be added friction, negligible. Added radiator/heat exchanger might increase pressure, and a lot more friction, but I still don't see it doing a significant amount of change. Note this guess is coming from house boilers, I've ran my house, domestic hot water, sauna, hot tub, all with a very small circulating motor, and didn't even notice a change from house alone, except of course a lot more heat loss.

Have seen two rigs over the years that had moved the radiator location. One between the bike and sidecar and one kind of under the sidecar nose. Both ran electric water pumps and both said their system worked well. The one had some fairly exotic ducting on it to defer the heat when it was warm out. Sidecarists are interesting people 🙂