Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Foul weather cover

I have a 2001 drifter with a motorvation sidecar on it.
I'm looking for a squarish cover that will cover the whole bike...
Any suggestions?
thanks in advance.johnny

Johnny:

I use a tarp with groments and bungee straps. Works, is cheap, and keeps the rig dry. What more can you ask for?

Mogo

I use a garage, It's squarish and the bike fits in it just fine.

Seriously, you might check with a local upholsterer, one who makes boat covers. There wouldn't be much time involved in sewing a square cover, it would, most likly, be pretty reasonable in price.

Dave

Check out Car Covers made by Wolf at your local auto supply store, or Wally World.

I use an auto type of cover that is made to fit a Mustang size car. You can pick them up at any auto parts store. Get a good quality one that will do a good job of keeping the elements out, some are not more than cotton covers and will soak up water so pay the extra money for a good one and it will keep your rig in better shape. There ar covers that have a cable that runs around the bottom of the cover and you can tighten the cover around the bottom of your rig and lock it. It's not so much a antitheft device as it is a way to keep the wind from lifting the cover off. Remember to take the cover off after a rain and let it dry or you risk compensation from the moisture rusting parts.
It works fairly well on my Electraglide & sidecar, not as good as a garage but if a garage is not avaiable it's the next best thing I've found so far.

Ride safe!

I was going to go for an expensive custom cover from the outfit that did one for my JZR (Morgan replica 3 wheeler). I had the rig measured and placed the order and the manufacturer dawdled for months. I said to my self, self, you still have the bike cover from the days when the rigs bike was solo. I tried that cover on the sidecar and it worked. Then I got a second cover that size. I can cover each with either works great. Any bike discount mailorder can fix you up cheap and off the shelf. Bonus over tarps, they have elastic skirts that simplify installation and removal while securing the cover in wind. If you ride regularly this is a big plus in time wasted coming and going.

Anyone ever think about just useing a heavy duty bbq grill cover?

You've got a 7 foot long Barbeque ? WOW !

Harbor freight had an ATV cover for $20 that might do the trick. it was on a flyer that came recently and it said limited quantities.