Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Florida riders to national rally

Sergio, Glenn and I are going to the national in Boone. We plan to leave Miami and go to Savannah and then up to Boone. Mostly slab until we get to northern South Carolina. If you want to tag along or lead, let us know.

uber

I would love to do the ride with you but I am going up early to see some friends in NC. I think we are going to have a good turn out from Fla. Stu from Jacksonville is going but is taking the motor home. That is 5 of us.

I'll be there, too, Richard (and Jim). My recovery from knee surgery is going OK, so I'll be ready to ride.

Hall

Jim, I'm going, but it seems to me that Savannah might not be on the best route for me. I'll try to give a look at the routing, this week and see how far it is with and without Savannah. I would like to ride with you guys, if the difference isn't too great.

I haven't been around here, much, because I'm supposed to keep my knee elevated and I can't do that at the computer desk.

Hall

We are going also.LaMonte and Patti from weeki Wachee,Fl.
Leaving Wednesday am to columbia,SC then on to Grandfather CG Thursday am.We are looking forward to meeting everyone since we are newbies.

We'll see you folks on Friday. Leaving Ocala thursday morning. Brian

You that know me are not going to believe this but I have been trying to think of something to say on this post and the only thing that comes is WOW. I made the Nat in Beaver, AK last year and was the only one from Fla. I will be in Boone the day before the Rally starts and in NC at friends the week before. See you there.

Hi,

For those of you that are riding north through Savannah, there is a nice break from the superslab that will not cost you an additional time between Savannah and Colombia. Take 321 North out of Savannah, andget back on I-77 north outside of Colombia. It's a nice stretch of two lane, through some old,one traffic light towns that appear to be no longer prosperous. there are a few gas stations along the way, but I'd top off in Savannah.

321 can be followed all the way to Boone, if you have time, but the stretch from Colombia to I-85 takes about an hour longer than I-77 to I-485, to I-85......unless you plan to hit the Rock Hill-Charlotte-Gastonia corridor anytime after 3pm.

From I-85 Southbound, the ramp at 321 is one to be careful on. It is normally clogged, but in the event it isn't, the ramp is partially obscured until you are in it. Take it slow. Once you make it off the ramp, you are on easy street all the way to Boone, less the road construction.

Bob Davis

Hey!! It looks like Florida will have some riders. Sergio and Glenn can't make it due to outside influences, Sergio is becoming a dog cop and will be dealing with a new and third dog in his life and Glenn had his vacation cancelled. Boss wanted off the same time.

But, the Pooh and I are leaving the 15th headed to Savannah. The new route up avoiding I26 sounds like a winner. We did this same trip a year ago and don't really remember any problems with I26 but if you can get off and still make the time, I am all for that.

By the way, my threads usually don't get this many responses, so you all made me feel good. I have been away from the site for awhile, so Richard, Please keep me updated on what I am doing. Ha Ha. It seems you do a better job than I do. We are staying at Sugar Mountian which is close to the Boone area and Grandfather Mountian. So, all should be well. We will be leaving for Florida on Sunday after the rally if anyone is looking for someone to ride south with. Will be headed back to Savannah.

Uber

Jim, after looking at a BIG map, I realized that Savannah isn't really out of the way, but your timing is off for me. I won't be leaving Kissimmee until at least the 19th, maybe the 20th. Right now, I'm thinking of leaving in time to ride the blue highways all the way ans till not have tor ide more that 250-3300 miles a day. I probably would be intersted in riding back to Savannah with you on Sunday, though.

Hall

Hall....
Glad to have you ride with us back to Savannah. We are staying somewhere else other than Sugar Mountain on Saturday night. I forget right now, but will have time to change reservations if needed. We need to be back in Miami by Monday night for work Tuesday morning, which for Clarissa, is 0530. I would like to find a "two laner", but we need to make good time on the way home.

Look forward to seeing you up there. The weather forecast is good to iffy, especially during the actual rally days. 60% chance of rain. But then, what the hell do weatherpeople know? See you and everyone else up there.

Uber

Jim, I'm looking forward to seeing you and meeting a whole bunch of new folks, since this will be my first.

I just got my Garmin tweaked to route me from kissimmee to Smoketree Lodge (my hotel) via the back roads. I'm going to cheat and go up the turnpike to US27, but that'll be my last superslab ride until after the rally. I'm making it an easy trip, too -- only about 250 mile per day. That's easier on my 71-year-old bones.

Hall

OK people,

It is time to check in. who has made it home? I know I am not the only one and I made two side trips. One was Maggie Valley and then Savannah, GA just because I had never been there. It is nice being retired. He he.

Hi all, Richard,we made it home yesterday about 3 pm.....had to stop for new sidecar tire in savannah harley shop.....on Monday.....stayed overnight in Jacksonville then saw you pass us and wave yesterday,,haha....great ralley and safe trip......talk soon.LaMonte(3wheel) and Patti weeki wachee,FL>

OK, all of yawl got home ok now let's get some pics posted for all of us'ns that couldn't get away from work 🙂