Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

First sidecar three weeks away!

What is the chance that there is the exact sidecar I want with a subframe for the same bike as mine for sale out there. Well I was about to have Claude build me what I wanted and he sent me an email last week that he has a used one for sale that will work. I just mailed the check and I am excited!!

Good For You!!!

We will need pictures...

comet66 - 9/13/2011 7:57 PM

We will need pictures...

Yep! Please keep us informed.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

I can't say enough good things about Claude and the folks at CSM. I showed up a day early and they jumped right on my job and got me back on the road in two days with a couple of lessons before I left. Claude and I were both a little skeptical about the ape hangers, but they are not bad. Here are a few photos and I will take some more if the sun ever comes out here again.

Subframe on

Sidecar

Few Pointers

first ride

Looking good!! Cool

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Looking good

allways help on this

thats what i like this site

Sweet...

Steven,
if the wrists are resting relaxed on the ape hanger, then you are lucky and seem to have a good wide handle bar that helps with steering afford (although you might bend it fast).
But if your wrists are only a little obligated, then you should search for a new handle bar according to pure ergonomic aspects.

I remember the handle bar of one of my best buddie's soft chopper. after few miles my hands got soar and few weeks later a deer made him change the whole front against something more ergonomic....we wondered how he made it through the forest after the hit ....
He said the training I gave him with the chopper in the sand pit helped him to survive.

Best wishes and practice using the manuals in the download section and when you can make a step coarse.
Don't forget the most dangerous moment is when you feel confortable, then inmediately you will react as solo driver again = opposite of the reaction you need on the rig.

It is funny though that I never noticed a moment on the solo when I reacted as rig pusher.... Except once I forgot to put down the feet at a traffic light....
On On
Sven