USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

First bike, first sidecar. Hello from Roanoke, VA!

Hello from Martinsville, Va! Its great to have another hack driver in the area. I come to Roanoke lot due to several close friends and a couple of motorcycle dealers. My wife and I do a fair amount of traveling on 3 wheels and I know a few other rigs in your area. Best of luck and the step class is really good. The instructor is a really great guy. I know he teaches several classes in Danville and Lynchburg not sure if he teaches in Roanoke. Enjoy your ride!

Nice rig there sknapp. Welcome to the fun. You're off with a good start & plan. Ride safe!

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

draperg1,

I drive by Martinsville on my way to South Boston weekly during the school year, maybe we can meet sometime for a drink. Or, if you are planning to be in Roanoke, and have some extra time, shoot me a message.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Sam

my email is draperg1@comcast.net shoot me a mail! 🙂

I live in Roanoke and am building my 2nd rig now. We used to have a sidecar club here but it has pretty much fallen apart. Someone to check your rig is Mark Mcfaddin in Callands, VA 434 251 3114. If it was put together by DMC, unless someone has been messing with it, it likely does not need anything. Watch your tire wear for problems. Think about joining our local riding club at http://www.twinvalleyriders.com. There are breakfast meets every weekend and several members have rigs. Check for the Burb rally at Willeville. I THINK that it is this weekend. It is a Ural rally but everyone is welcome. Mark teaches the STEP class in Danville in Sept this year, the DCC website should have the date listed. Ride safe.

Rig was assembled years ago. Suspension, bearings and mounts should be checked out and on a maintenance schedule.

Lonnie