Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Fender front & back marker lights

I have a tail light / brake light right on center on the back of the side car and two white lights on the right side of the car pointing forward. I was at a friends house tonight looking at his Ural and he thinks for safety I should add some marker lights front and back on the fender.

What do you guys say that have been driving sidecars for awhile ?

I looked on the internet and ebay and I do not see anything

I have a velorex

I can see lights for a ural but no brackets

Any help will be appreciated

I think it's a good idea. I haven't been riding a rig for long, but anything that gets people to see you is good, and getting them to mentally process what that strange thing coming at them in the dark actually is, is very good. I'm putting marker lights on mine, I'm working to figure out just the right stuff, but I discovered that the generic marker light is exactly half the resistance of the normal turn signal bulbs (1156 or 1157). I've put one of those on as a turn signal, when I re-do it I plan to use the same fixture but double up on the bulb, so that it has the same resistance as the OEM signal that I disconnected.

I do also have an amber marker light on the nose of the tub. Personally, I think that's useless and perhaps even dangerous, if someone thought that was the farthest out point, they smack into the fender.