Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Favoured sidecar dealer?

Now in my mid-70's, I've decided two wheels are becoming problematic. I rode BMW's for years but my knees can't take that position any longer which, of course, also rules out Urals. So I bought a new, very comfortable '17 Harley Road King M8 and am looking for an experienced sidecar dealer to provide and set-up a rig for me. I'm on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and it would be nice, but not essential, to have someone within the surrounding states. Your input/recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you.

Check out Hannigan in Murray Ky. We had them add there GTL sidecar to our Goldwing last June, now have over 14000 miles on it with no complaints.

Bob's BMW in Jessup, Maryland is an outstanding and experienced sidecar shop and the owner is a long term sidecar driver. I'm not sure about the Harley part of this but he's relatively close to you and worth a shot.

A second vote for Hannigan. They make several models that would look good on a Road King. They will mount and set up the hack for you.

Freedom sidecars in Pennsylvania has an excellent reputation and not too far from you, I think. http://www.freedomsidecars.com/

Spent 2 days at freedom sidecar last week. wish I could have had a week. claude sure had some interesting sidecars. there was pop-up camper sidecar.
a BMW rig he built for a guy from New Zealand that just came back from China. He is putting together a KLR/cargo rig for Jerry Atrick to ride to Alaska.
He is working on a handicap sidecar leftside mounted to operate it from the sidecar. They are working on a Harley that is getting one of their new stamped steel frames.
He had other bikes waiting for sidecars. Claude gets my vote.
fly

We do direct sales, offer 17 models of sidecars. Most people install the sidecar them selves or have it installed by who ever works on their bikes. We do have a few shops all over the USA we can recommend.
For your bike our sidecars all come with proper bike specific 100% bolt on mounts, we also offer reverse and steering modifications for easier steering.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

You're undoubtedly aware that riding your sidecar outfit, once it's sitting in your driveway, will certainly be a learning curve. No matter how many years and miles you have on two wheels, riding the sidecar will get you into trouble if you apply all the learned habits from the two wheel years. Good luck making it all come together and here's to many years of happy adventures!!

I bought a new, very comfortable '17 Harley Road King M8 and am looking for an experienced sidecar dealer to provide and set-up a rig for me.

granpita, if you would like to see how other HD owners have set up their rigs and talk in detail about their sidecar, try to make the USCA Rally in Corning, NY on July 27-30th. They can tell you who built their rides, the pros and cons of each type of rig.

Here is the link to more rally info: http://sidecar.com/rally.asp

This would be money well spent to get the best and latest information for your sidecar plans.

CCjon