Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

exercise

Other than riding a large amount of miles on winding roads, I think I have found a new exercise to strengthen sidecar muscles.
Having had some bad things happen that have weakened me in my elder years, and not being really enamored of gym visits,
I was seeking ways to exercise that were better than boring.
I remembered shooting arrows when I was young and so invested 120 dollars in a recurve bow and have now taken up archery.
I chose a recurve bow because for exercise it is better than a compound and it costs less.
Also because unlike a long bow I can use it from a wheelchair or stool. I chose a nice take down model with a 40 pound pull at 30 inches.
Pulling and holding point of aim puts strain on arms shoulders and those muscles I don't know the name of across the upper back and the neck.
It is fun and does what I want. As I watch TV in the evening I hold the bow in the left hand position and draw the string , hold it, and slowly let it down the same number of times as I shot during the day. I am thinking of buying a left hand bow to balance the exercise.
I am feeling much stronger because of this exercise and plan to buy a left handed bow to shoot also.
Just wondering how many of you do archery and do you find the same benefits?

Sounds like a great idea.