USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

EurowingUSA/EML sidecar rig build

Hi all ...not much happening here but thought I'd add this info -- last year Al Olme pointed me to Duncan Holaday concerning a recommendation for EurowingUSA (EML Dealer: https://emltrike.com/en/sidecars/)).  Duncan had fine things to say about his experience and I went ahead and contacted them re a build on my 2004 K1200 BMW.

Allow me to add my praises to Eurowing...Marvin and Sali were a delight to deal with...a truly first class outfit!  Marvin has done a first class job on assembly and his local painters/detailers....seem to live up to the quality that I was interested in seeing used for the build.

The rig is about ready to be picked up and I am excited to go get it...here are some recent pics of it.

having issues adding pics...will get back...

kjo

Kevin,

Call me.  I can help with pictures.

Al
612-759-4666

Al Olme Minneapolis, Minnesota

Kevin

I'm uploading the 2 photos you sent me. Again - looks like a very nice rig

Duncan

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_4981.jpeg
  • IMG_5001.jpeg

That looks great!  Are all those "vents" in the side of the car functional?  That's a lot of structure to lose all in one place.

Fabulous looking s/c rig, especially like the bikes front end and the usage of automobile tires/wheels

USCA #9818 BMWMOA #159590

That sure is a nice looking rig. Good luck.  

That sure is a beaut. Can't wait to hear how it handles with all day riding. Please post up your impressions and comments.

I have an earlier EML conversion and I'm really interested in the single side front suspension.  Filling my front tire with a big disc on each side is a test of both will and innovation.  After struggling with the issue for a couple of years and burning the back of my hand on a hot brake disc, I found a variable angle air chuck from Motion Pro.  It's expensive $40.99 [for an air chuck] but it works really well.  BTW, it's about $37 on Amazon w/ free Prime Shipping.