Clear all

EurowingUSA/EML sidecar rig build

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 kjo
(@kjo)
Topic starter

Hi all ...not much happening here but thought I'd add this info -- last year Al Olme pointed me to Duncan Holaday concerning a recommendation for EurowingUSA (EML Dealer: https://emltrike.com/en/sidecars/)).  Duncan had fine things to say about his experience and I went ahead and contacted them re a build on my 2004 K1200 BMW.

Allow me to add my praises to Eurowing...Marvin and Sali were a delight to deal with...a truly first class outfit!  Marvin has done a first class job on assembly and his local painters/detailers....seem to live up to the quality that I was interested in seeing used for the build.

The rig is about ready to be picked up and I am excited to go get it...here are some recent pics of it.

Posted : June 9, 2020 7:45 am
 kjo
(@kjo)
Topic starter

having issues adding pics...will get back...

kjo

Posted : June 9, 2020 7:47 am
(@al-olme2)

Kevin,

Call me.  I can help with pictures.

Al
612-759-4666

Posted : June 10, 2020 7:57 am
(@dholaday2)

Kevin

I'm uploading the 2 photos you sent me. Again - looks like a very nice rig

Duncan

Posted : June 16, 2020 6:10 am
(@al-olme2)

That looks great!  Are all those "vents" in the side of the car functional?  That's a lot of structure to lose all in one place.

Posted : June 17, 2020 5:28 am
(@snookers)

Fabulous looking s/c rig, especially like the bikes front end and the usage of automobile tires/wheels

Posted : June 17, 2020 8:50 am
(@2FLTC)

That sure is a nice looking rig. Good luck.  

Posted : June 18, 2020 3:00 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

That sure is a beaut. Can't wait to hear how it handles with all day riding. Please post up your impressions and comments.

Posted : June 18, 2020 1:53 pm
(@al-olme2)

I have an earlier EML conversion and I'm really interested in the single side front suspension.  Filling my front tire with a big disc on each side is a test of both will and innovation.  After struggling with the issue for a couple of years and burning the back of my hand on a hot brake disc, I found a variable angle air chuck from Motion Pro.  It's expensive $40.99 [for an air chuck] but it works really well.  BTW, it's about $37 on Amazon w/ free Prime Shipping.

Posted : June 19, 2020 6:30 am