Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Elections

Greetings Folks:
Our annual elections are coming up. We need a volunteer for the Election Chair position. This person is responsible to make sure those running are members in good standing and will collect the paper ballots and make sure the ballots are delivered to the national rally in Corning.
We need to elect Regional Directors for SE, MW, SW and NC and President and Treasurer. Don Banwart has served as Treasurer but has expressed a desire to not run again. Al Ohme has been our North Central Regional director and is not running again. We have people who have recently been appointed to finish out terms in the South East, Midwest and South West Regions. These people need to express a desire to continue to serve in those positions.

Thanks for the update Will , I am not in able to do any of those positions but I may be interested in the WV rep position. Let me know what the entails and I plan on being in Corning NY for the Rally.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Thanks Doug:
Contact Larry Pocobelo. He is your Regional Director. From there he recommends you to the Board of Directors and we vote on your appointment. That covers how you get in. The job entails checking in on your WV sidecar dealers and attending Motorcycle Shows in WV to represent the USCA. Other than that you need a supply of our color brochures to hand out to any one who stops you in those "Sidecar Delay" moments. In fact I have a few in every vehicle. You don't have to be a State Rep to do that. Thanks again for your interest in serving the club.

G STATE REPRESENTATIVE
Here is the description from the Revised Constitution and Bylaws

• A member of the USCA who is the contact person for other sidecarists and promotes the USCA in any motorcycling Expo or event in their state.
• May organize local activities that promote sidecaring
• Exhibits a willingness to answer questions about our sport and promote general good will toward sidecars.
• Recruits, in a gentle and non-aggressive manner, interested people to become members of the USCA.

Thanks again Will , I have been in contact with Larry and things should be moving along then. I do attend Motorcycle shows around the 4 state area and have distributed some brochures. Those "sidecar delays " are definately lengthened when you have a preschooler in the chair. Oh and I am about as aggressive as sloth.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member