USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Elections & Volunteerism [long and maybe boring]

Sounds like we need to copy some of our "big brothers" in the business and start charging. I don't believe you can get into the BMW MOA web site without being a dues paying member. Probably same for the BMW CCA. I would be the last to say this group of wonderful people are snobish or have their collective noses up in the air, but we do need members and our prices are hard to beat. There is a mountian of information on this site, most of it pretty good. If "outsiders" want to mine it for it's value, let them pay. I, myself, have sent people to this site when I have been stopped and questioned about sidecaring. I always hope they will get interested and buy a rig and become one of us. Maybe we could limit the amount of times a non-member can access the site without becoming a member. Just some idle thoughts from a usually idle mind. Starting to cool a bit down here in south florida, and the rain is becoming slightly less significant, so riding time is coming.

Another thought. Has anyone charted the number of members per region and suggest that the region with the greatest number of members be the host region for the Annual? It is an old marketing ploy; "Shoot at the ducks while they are flying overhead." I am sure you guys and gals know much more than I about this club, but what a waste if we loose it.

We could do like the GWRRA does, you can read the Forums, but you have to be a member to write on it. This would " may be " encourage outsiders to join. "Maybe' . Doug

BUMP and Volunteers are still something we can use.

Elections are upon us once again. We are looking for a few good folks to step up and pitch in. The Offices to be filled this year are: President, Treasurer, SE Regional Director, MW Regional Director, SW Regional Director and NC Director. The Board positions are open to anyone who is a member in good standing. Look for the Election Procedures in the next Sidecarist Magazine and nominate someone or send me an email if you would consider being nominated. The votes will be counted at The National Rally with results announced there also. Now is the time to step up and be heard. As it stands there are a LOT of open offices(Vice President, Secretary, NE Regional Director) and that leaves a ton of work for a few, (like me)

I am also looking for an Election Chair, someone who would be willing to accept nominations and ballots and can transport the ballots to the National Rally in Arkansas.

bump

Joyce - 1/13/2013 3:44 PM

As it stands there are a LOT of open offices(Vice President, Secretary, NE Regional Director) and that leaves a ton of work for a few, (like me)

I for one really appreciate all your hard work Joyce!! Thank you for everything you do for the USCA!!!

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom

My two cents for points raised in this discussion:

I belong to another motorcycle forum. Membership is free for a month, and then the dues are $12 a year. Most folks join because, like this site, you save more than $12 in information from just one suggestion a member makes to a question you may pose. I am not opposed to being both a USCA member and website member.

Is it possible to send the newsletter via email or a link on this site? This would cut costs and the newsletter could be in "members only" section as some folks talked about.

I need to read the requirements for volunteer positions and I'll get back to you. I can't make all the rallies if that is a requirement. I would really like to see a club or group in my area that would be interested in getting together for rides. I should just start one and see what happens.

Thanks to all the officers for all they have done to keep us informed, plan rallies, and keep this organization running.

MJ

Thanks Mary Jo for the comments. This thread was started in 2009 and a lot of things have improved since then with a better magazine, online store and memberships online. Our membership is growing and we are financially secure. It seems if there are real problems with any club there are always folks to offer to help but when things are going along pretty smoothly everyone is willing to let someone else do it.

About all you need to serve on The Board is to be a member in good standing and willing to help. Our Constitution and By-Laws are posted in The Reference Section here. All the information is in there like officer duties and requirements.

https://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2470&posts=1&start=1

Mary Jo - 1/15/2013 7:37 PM

... I can't make all the rallies if that is a requirement....

Mary Jo, I hope rally attendance is not requirement, as I'd be out of luck as my travel time is generally limited to the occasionl long weekend. Keith & I + our wives are attempting to organize the national rally this year. None of us have had an opportunity attend a past national rally.

... I would really like to see a club or group in my area that would be interested in getting together for rides. I should just start one and see what happens....

That's how the Uncertain?Rendezvous at Caddo Lake got started. I wanted an opportunity to meet fellow sidecarists, but there was no gathering in our area -- so we started one. Just look for a facilty in an interesting area with suitable lodging options, a gathering area/pavilion, a nearby cafe' and invite sidecar enthusiasts to come.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Lee You are doing a great job. I think the rally in Ar. is going to be great. Plans are to have enough things going on to keep everyone as busy as they want to be. People who have attended Uncertain have all been pleased. Hopefully we can get more to come.By the way,are there any plans for this year? J.R. Tex rep. BMW cruiser/Hannigan Burgman/Bullit

J.R. - 2/28/2013 8:10 AM
... I think the rally in Ar. is going to be great. Plans are to have enough things going on to keep everyone as busy as they want to be. People who have attended Uncertain have all been pleased....

Keith & I are slowly working towards plenty of options, including simply hanging out at air conditioned rally central. And we almost have a logo.

... are there any plans for [Uncertain/Caddo Lake] this year?....

J.R., we haven't yet decided re: Caddo Lake in October. We have plenty going on with the national rally. However, I have thought of a simpler Caddo Lake rally with the primary organized event being a group ride to Cedar Run Ranch near Scottsville for a campfire meal by Jay, our chili cook.

Also, I found last year there is a scheduling conflict on our preferred mid-October weekend with the Harvest Classic vintage rally in Luckenbach -- most of the central Texas Ural riders attend.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L