Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

East Texas Sidecar Muster - May 1-3, 2015

Page 1 of 2Next

The East Texas Sidecar Muster is back for 2015 - scheduled for May 1-3, again at Holly Park Marina on the Texas side of Toledo Bend.

Please make your lodging/RV/camping reservations directly with Holly Park Marina:
http://www.hollyparkmarina.com/   Day Phone: 409-625-4424 Email : info@hollyparkmarina.com 

Schedule is TBD as of 2/3/2015 - perhaps a Saturday group ride to the space shuttle Columbia Memorial & Museum in Hemphill.

The Sale on the Trail Flea Market along Hwy 21 should be the same weekend, so we can stop in Milam -- we need another bag of blue cornmeal.

There is no official registration, but please let me know by posting here if you are coming so we can get a head count.

Updates will be posted here as the schedule develops.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Thanks for getting this up, Lee. Plan to be there.
CCjon

Avanell & I plan on being there.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep

pat from holden, la
new member of usca, have 2006 hd ultra with 2008 sidecar, had a sidecar on my 86flht for a couple years in late 80s
made reservations at campground and looking forward to being there

Welcome to the USCA. Looking forward to meeting you Pat.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Hi Lee, looking forward to it, the plan is to ride over on Thur. and ride up to Carthage to the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame on Fri. can't wait, see the there.

Room reserved --- will be there Friday afternoon with tamales

For early arrivers and folks traveling in from the North & West, let's meet for lunch at 11:00am Friday May 1st at the Trails End Diner on the Northeast corner of FM2694 & FM3172 in Huxley, Texas. Yes, the street/mailing address is 5437 FM3172 in Shelbyville (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trails-End-Grocery-RV/224912971004635?rf=617794614902360) but the Trails End is not in Shelbyville at all , but 13 miles to the East in Huxley, which is 34 highway miles North of Holly Park. Best to check a map before you leave.

For the TURD's and other adventuresome folks, we can take the shortcut thru the Sabine National Forest on our way to Holly Park. And, yes, it truly is a shortcut, at least in miles. 😉

Lee I'm back with Rose. It's Rudyr I'm going to try for the la. . Question if I send my dues in its good for 1 year starting when?Rudyr

Lee,

I've decided to make the unreasonable drive from Minneapolis. I arrive on Thursday but I'll meet you for lunch in Huxley.

rudyr - 4/9/2015 9:05 PM

Lee I'm back with Rose. It's Rudyr I'm going to try for the la. . Question if I send my dues in its good for 1 year starting when?Rudyr

Hi Rudyr, good to hear from from you. You should be able to set up your trailer in the tent area, which is right along the lake if Rose likes to take a dip.

Generally speaking, dues received in April would start May 1st to coincide with the May/June issue The Sidecarist.

Al Olme - 4/9/2015 10:24 PM
Lee,

I've decided to make the unreasonable drive from Minneapolis. I arrive on Thursday but I'll meet you for lunch in Huxley.

Hi Al, come on down. Theoretically it's all downhill from MN to TX, right? See you at the Trails End.

Lloyd - 3/7/2015 3:02 PM

Hi Lee, looking forward to it, the plan is to ride over on Thur. and ride up to Carthage to the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame on Fri. can't wait, see the there.

Lloyd welcomes folks to travel along with them to visit the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame in Carthage, which is about 50 miles from the Trails End Diner in Huxley. Please join us for lunch along the way if there's time before venturing to the Hall.

While planning routes, I recommend Farm-to-Market Road 699 between Carthage & Center - a nice ride/drive with minimal traffic.

Hello Lee, Alan & Peggy will be coming this year, planning to meet all y'all for lunch on Friday. Thanks

big al - 4/17/2015 10:16 PM

Hello Lee, Alan & Peggy will be coming this year, planning to meet all y'all for lunch on Friday. Thanks

We'll be watching for y'all.

The schedule is shaping up something like this - subject to change, of course

Friday
11:00am Lunch at Trails End Diner in Huxley
6:00pm Tamales by Art

Saturday
8:00am Breakfast at Liberty Springs Church
9:15am Riders Meeting
9:20am Ride to Sale on Trail Flea Market in Milam
10:15am Ride to Columbia Memorial & Museum in Hemphill
Noonish Lunch - Still working on this

Some folks may take the "shortcut" thru some gravel forest roads after lunch on Friday and/or Saturday.

Preliminary forecast is favorable:

THU Apr 30
81° 56° Sunny 0%

FRI May 1
84° 59° Sunny 0%

SAT May 2
85° 61° Partly Cloudy 10%

SUN May 3
85° 60° Partly Cloudy 20%

Thanks for the memories. Brenda and I really enjoyed our time at the gathering. It was great to meet the
group and ride with ya'll. If any of ya'll are ever down our way we would feel it an honor to put your up at our place.
If you are passing thru or want to come for a stay we have 3 small cabins and other rooms available for our friends,
both old and new ones. We are located about 35 miles east of Baton Rouge La and about 70 mile north of New Orleans.
We will be glad to show you some fine riding roads in our area and of course some great places to eat.
Again this was our first sidecar gathering and we really had a great time and look forward to attending more.
Pat and Brenda Lee
kjunglide@yahoo.com
225-202-2780

Glad you could make it. Enjoyed visiting with you. One thing about this group is we eat well Have to beat Charlie to the food though.
J.R.
Se.
Tex. rep

Judy and I had a great time once again, thank you to all of you that helped make it great, some of the best people to be found anywhere.

Yep, sure was a good time with good folks - and plenty to eat. We missed you Rudyr - hope things are OK. I didn't take many pics during the Muster as I was simply enjoying visiting with friends old & new - as well as reflecting after visiting the space shuttle Columbia memorial & museum. Here are a few pics just to let y'all know it really did happen:

On the ride down Friday, Jena & I, joined by our young friend Eduardo, stopped by the Carraway hardware and gift store in Logansport, Louisiana, in business since 1897:

James introduced Eduardo to the joys on sidecaring on Saturday with a brief test ride on the "Cajun Queen" - a 2003 Ural Tourist:

Jena's sidekick Raskie made his first "solo" journey to the Muster, proving himself to be an excellent sidecar monkey and companion at 11-1/2 month. Here is is waiting for his sample from the community breakfast served by the nice folks at the Liberty Springs UMC church just down the road from Holly Park:

And here's an un-official group photo as we were awaiting for a couple of more rigs to join the shoot - looks like Tripper the Basset Hound was about the only one paying any attention to me:

Page 1 of 2Next