Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

East Texas Pie Run

The Two Wheeled Texans group (www.twtex.com) organizes a monthly lunch run at various locations around Texas, which are called Pie Runs -- as pie is the ultimate goal. The May 25, 2013 Pie Run was to one our my favorite restaurant's, the 7th Street Restaurant in downtown Cushing, so Jena along with sidecar dog Corkie, and I along with sidecar dog Maddie, made the ~100 trip down for pie and fellowship. Beemer(less) Bob & SoloRider also showed up on their Ural rigs, taking a break from exploring some East Texas dirt/gravel roads. I forgot our camera, but here are some low-quality cell phone pics from the ride:

The Nelson Mercantile in Keatchie, LA:

We passed thru Bugscuffle, TX: Cool

Before lunch fellowship at the 7th Street Restaurant:

Corkie & Maddie sitting on the cool shade of sidewalk of The Beck Building next door while the TWTxn's finished their pie:

Well, the railroad used to go thru Cushing:

And my last ride on the XL883R Sportster before mounting the sidecar back in 2008 included a stop at the C. E. Rogers & Son general store in Stewart, TX -- in operation since the 1880's. Unfortunately, the store is now closed. Undecided

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300