Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Discussion: Riders Wantedeartern ct
Please to create posts and topics.

eartern ct

Page 1 of 4Next

anyone near griswold ct or central western ri

if i get car back on bike will be out riding soon weather willbe getting better soon

Hi Clem, I'm in northern RI. I'm researching getting a sidecar rig now. I got hit by an suv in October of 09 and lost my left leg above the knee. I think a sidehack would workout pretty well.

Hi James
welcome to a great forum
i only been on this sit for about 6 mth myself
i learned a lot here
lots of imformation and lots of help from lots of people
i life about 15 miles from rt 3 coming down 165 and 138
outside of jewett city

Hi Clem, you must be past Arcadia heading toward preston trading post. I used to ride out that way all the time. I have a buddy who lives in sterling on rt47 who sells leather goods.

I am new to rigs and live in Eastern CT in Windham County. I grew up in New London County and often ride there. I would be interested riding around, but since I am new to rigs, I stay off of the limited access highways [I-395] (at least until I gain more experience with sidecars). I have over 25 years experience on two wheels and had done plenty of long distance trips that way.

thecount77 - 6/6/2011 10:16 PM

I am new to rigs and live in Eastern CT in Windham County.  I grew up in New London County and often ride there.  I would be interested riding around, but since I am new to rigs, I stay off of the limited access highways [I-395] (at least until I gain more experience with sidecars).  I have over 25 years experience on two wheels and had done plenty of long distance trips that way.

Hi Count, I used to ride in windam county from time to time. I have a couple of friends who live in chaplin off rt 98. I'm building my first sidecar rig now and hope to have it done and on the road by mid July the latest. Maybe you,me and Clem can do some riding by mid summer.

Walt i don't know how i miss your reply but i did

i live in griswold just outside of jewett city

if you want to take a ride up or meet for a ride give me a call or reply here

FWIW, I just got a Ural Patrol T and live north of Woonsocket, RI. This is my first side car rig.

Jerry rwenglandjim lives in your part of R I

He checks in often if you don't hear from send him a PM

I live in Smithfield and take my rig to work in Franklin Quite often. I'll be out riding tomorrow before work. Hi Clem, how ya been ? I was at the bean a couple of weeks ago, the riding out that way is still great.

Perfect. If you draw a line from one point to the other on a map, I'm right in the middle-Blackstone.

Wow, we should make it a point to meet up at the dunkin donuts in slatersville on rt102. We could do a Sunday morning ride some time. I saw a guy on a black patrol a few weeks back on rt16 in whitinville, he was riding with a guy on a sport bike. Was that you ? I was in my truck with the mrs. There is another guy I met in north scituate with an orange and white ural. I keep wanting to do some riding with clem too but we haven't gotten a chance to yet. life gets busy around my house so I have to ride when I can.

No, mine is the green model of which the colour is on the glossy side.
I'm the same way. Weekends are next to impossible for me but some week day evenings could pan out a small ride. Want to get use to the side car sensation first. Been practicing in the local high school parking lot. Circles, figure 8's, braking & reverse. Feel a big difference when I go back out onto the street.
Only have about 60 or so miles on the Ural-that being all my side car riding experience. Sure different from a 2 wheel bike.
Hope to hook up soon.
J

It sure is different from 2 wheels, I'm still learning but I feel pretty comfortable on mine. I work 2nd shift so i mid week ride would be tough but I have some time off coming up in the next few months maybe we can ride sometime. I still ride with a few of my two wheel riding friends on the weekend, lucky for me they are mellow riders.

Yeah, you said it. I don't know about the others but the Ural makes street riding about as entertaining as dirt bike riding in a hare scramble. Did 36 miles last night (converted the Km to Miles) roving around Millbury, Sutton, Douglas, Uxbridge, Millville & Blackstone. It was quite a nice ride. Have about 100 miles on the bike and am getting use to it-feel better and better about it with every ride. Was going to trade it in for a Super Tenere at Performance Cycles but after doing the parking lot exercises a few times and some good rides, I'll keep the little bugger. What kind of rig do you have?
BTW, I'm a slow and old rider.

My rig has an interesting story behind it. I got hit head on by an uninsured suv in oct of 09 while riding my vtx retro, I lost my left leg above the knee so riding two wheel bikes seemed out of the question for me. I looked at a real nice ural t up in boxboro ma but my wife wanted me to wait till the mortgage was paid off before i put that kind of money on a new bike. I didn't feel like waiting two and a half years to get a rig so I decided to make my own rig. I had an old kz650 sitting in the shed for years so I decided to use that for my mule, then I bought a california sidecar from a guy down the cape and I found a used klicktronic shifter online. I got the bike running again and a buddy of mine did the install on the hack and I installed the klicktronic shifter and the rest is history. The rig is a little underpowered but is fine for me riding alone. I will probably put a bigger bike on the rig in a year or two. I've grown very attached to this rig in the past 8 months I'm glad I built it.
BTW, that yamaha super tenere is a nice bike, that would be great hooked up to a dmc sidecar.

Head on collision-horrendeous. Glad you made it out alive. I'm in the insurance business and we see this all the time. 90% or better of the time a bike and car are involved in a collision the car driver is at fault but that's not much solace when you are injured or worse paralyzed. I got hit in the rear end something like 3 times on street bikes, once by a paralegal assistant, back in the 1990's. Fortunately the injuries were extremely minor. Very sorry about your leg.
I bet the KZ650 is a super powerhouse compared to the Ural 750 twin. A tenere with a side car would be a blast for the more advanced rider. I'm not there yet. Will try to pop off some more miles tomorrow and Thursday evenings. Supposed to be clear with no rain. Practice, practice, practice.....
Hope to hook up soon.
J

Jerry welcome aboard This is a great site with alot of information

JIM Good to see that you are riding and that you are getting your bike tuned in

Still waiting to me you for coffee maybe we can meet with Jerry someware

Clem

col faulkner - 5/1/2012 9:25 AM
... I don't know about the others but the Ural makes street riding about as entertaining as dirt bike riding in a hare scramble.....

Hi col! And welcome! Hey, are you carrying ballast in your sidecar??

NEVER MIND!! I just read your other post re: 75lbs. Embarassed

Jena & I both recommend a sidecar training class if one is available in your area.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Hi Clem that sounds like a plan. BTW, I'll be at a car show in brooklyn on Saturday at the corner of 169 and 101. Just look for the red 59 chevy pickup and I'll be close by. We will definatly have to get all three of us together for a ride sometime soon.

Page 1 of 4Next