Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Ducati front end modification

Went to a motorcycle rally Sunday at a large dealer in Scottsdale, Arizona. A guy showed up with a triumph/watsonian rig. He had a picture on his phone of a new Front end modification for Ducati (a scrambler in this case) for sidecar use. I didn't have a lot of time to get details 🙁 but I believe he said DMC made it. Consisted mainly of two L shaped plates which mounted to the bottom of the fork tubes, relocating the axle and Front wheel forward.
A remarkable creation, have not been able to find any info on the Internet. I'm extremely interested, has anybody out there heard of this adaptation?

Sounds like "leading links" or "leading legs"... You should find some threads on the forum here easily enough and elsewhere with the help of Google...

Yeah, sounds like DMC's leading legs for the Scrambler. They look like this--

Attached files

The guy at the rally--he spoke with a french accent?

Oui--thought he might be Canadian--but he is actually French. I lived in Tacoma many years--my cuz said it's really exploding.

Hi Drone, You thinking of the Frenchman I think you are? Philippe? Certainly one of the good guys!

Was it this guy???

me...bragging about my trophy for the Triumph!!!

you bet!!!

How did we know? Tongue out

Here is a pic of Philippe and me with our SO's, and Philippe with the leading leg Triumph in question.

Oops! I guess I'm not in the picture -- somebody had to hold the camera I guess!

Thanks for the pic--AZ riding season is here, so putting off all mods in favor of riding 😉