USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Dual purpose/adventure rig wanted for a friend in NC.

Hello friends,

a good old friend, Rick C., in North Carolina has decided (after some "minor persuasion" from my sideWink) to jump into the water and get a rig for him and his 9 grandkids. After decades without 2 wheels he now seems to be ready for to start a new life episode on 3 wheels to protect the rivers in NC and introduce the grandchildren into the adventure.

Due to his size 6'5"+ and frequent forest road transit a tiny Ural would not fit him for long. So a solid Beemer GS, Africa Twin, KTM, Triumph Tiger, V-Strom or simular dual purpose / adventure rig would fit best to him.

Is someone here on the forum willing to part with such a rig or knows where to locate one?

From my side I want to take care to teach Rick on a fly and ride action in these coming few weeks and would be happy to find a decent and safe ride for him and his family. Such a Christmas gift for the whole family would be a good start and well deserved thanks to a great person.

Thank you very much in advance for all hints.

Sven

PS for CCJon: Hello Jan, if plans change a bit, I might come back to your offer for myself still. We will see on the run what turns out and destiny brings. One day at a time will change the day to come.

Email sent

Thank you Don, it looks great and close to what I guess is the best set up for Rick.