USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Dogs And Sidecars

denim - 7/27/2013 10:39 PM

Wow! Hector was a wonder dog indeed! i believe that all dogs go to heaven, i mean...if love has anything to do with it. or loyalty or goodness. and if they don't then i will gladly go wherever it is that they go because after 45 years i still miss butch, and i miss Romeo who has been gone ten years, and then there is Alice, who might out-live me!

Jeri, I couldn't agree more. I know heaven exists and I hope Gretchen will be there when I get there!

Jay S.
Okie from Muskogee

And you called him Hector?

Why didn't you call him Lucky?

Phelonius - 7/28/2013 1:53 PM

And you called him Hector?

Why didn't you call him Lucky?

He was named by the breeder prior to entering my life and before all the woes befell him. We had agreed not to rename him as part of the conditions of buying him and, had you the opportunity to know him, you would have agreed that "Hector" was the perfect name for him anyway.

Gummiente - 7/28/2013 5:11 PM
..."Hector" was the perfect name for him anyway

We're proud of Sir George dutifully accepting his responsibilities as shop dog.  Cool

Here's Maddie waiting on me to hurry up and get going during a break on Saturday morning's ride:

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Lee, she's a true hack dog.

Ode to Corkie Joe 2009-2014

While we were attending the June 2014 New Mexico Invasion of the Texas Ural Riders Division of the Soviet Steeds (the T.U.R.D.'s) sidecar gathering in Timberon, New Mexico, our little sidecar ambassador and Mrs. SwampFox's hack pup extraordinaire developed an abdominal infection too severe to overcome. Corkie is buried along the Sacramento River in the Lincoln National Forest. Farewell little friend . . . . . . .

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

So sorry to hear about Corkie, loosing a dog is so hard, we will all miss Corkie.
Lloyd and Judy

We feel with you, Lee,
each time its like a part of yourself gets ripped out.
The memories stay and as a Peruan, Alberto Gongora taught me," As long as I am not forgotten. I stay alive"
In our family we have lost lots of pets once and again,and each time it hurts again.
Keep the memory alife while you give a hug to your wife and remaining dogs.
The gone ones are still there, just out of sight.
Sven

Peter Pan - 6/9/2014 9:25 PM
... " As long as I am not forgotten. I stay alive"....

Well said. I've been fortunate that all my other dogs have lived full lives, including a Border Collie back on the farm that survived several years with just 3 legs. Corkie had a gift for understanding people's feelings/emotions, and he was just coming into his prime. And we have now discovered there is something special about a dog that travels along in your sidecar.

SwampFox - 6/9/2014 3:51 PM

Ode to Corkie Joe  2009-2014

While we were attending the June 2014 New Mexico Invasion of the Texas Ural Riders Division of the Soviet Steeds (the T.U.R.D.'s) sidecar gathering in Timberon, New Mexico, our little sidecar ambassador and Mrs. SwampFox's hack pup extraordinaire developed an abdominal infection too severe to overcome. Corkie is buried along the Sacramento River in the Lincoln National Forest. Farewell little friend . . . . . . .

I got a great deal of pleasure reading about everyone's dogs and sidecar experiences. The ode to Corkie got to me though. You can tell from the picture he was a very special dog, but then most are special. They are called man's best friend for good reason. I am not yet even a sidecar owner but am gathering the parts- leading link forks and subframe for my bike so far. I have come close to taking the sidecar plunge several times in the last 50 years but I am finely doing it primarily for Meatloaf. Meatloaf is a 150# Bullmastiff. His greatest joy in life is going for a truck ride but he jumps in or on anything that moves so I am pretty sure he will love a sidecar. It does somewhat limit my options as to which sidecar he will fit in.

Chuck Palmer DVM