Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Dog Riding Partners

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

SIDECARSRULE - 4/23/2011 11:01 AM

You can go to a pet store and buy a seatbelt safty harness for your dog...It only gives them enought room to move approx 6 inchs so they can change positions.This also keeps them from jumping out...I had to put a seat belt strap around the top 6 inchs of my seat so I could hook up the harness..Give it a try.....

Thanx! I don't have a sidecar YET but I am a WANNABE! HAHA!!............Georgia goes everywhere with me and LOVES everything we do! I know she will be a cute lil buddy and stoplight smilin dog!!

You can use the harness for a motorcycle..The dog will ride on the pillon pad or front and is attached to you, Cant fall off...My dog goes everywhere with me tucked inside my shirt...Cant start the bike with out him jumping on board......Have fun and enjoy your dog, They dont belong in kennels

SIDECARSRULE - 4/23/2011 2:56 PM

You can use the harness for a motorcycle..The dog will ride on the pillon pad or front and is attached to you, Cant fall off...My dog goes everywhere with me tucked inside my shirt...Cant start the bike with out him jumping on board......Have fun and enjoy your dog, They dont belong in kennels

I never thought to use a harness on the pillion with her carrier as there are internal ones in the tbag carrier..for that matter I never thought to just use a harness on the pillion pad without a carrier...can you post a pic of your dog harnessed on the pillion? Curious what it looks like..

I started her with baby steps via kayaking, then riding in a mountain bike basket in front of me...I gave her too much slack 1 day while riding and found out 1st hand what can and did happen when she went out of that basket! We were lucky she didn't get wrapped into the spokes and cause an accident where we both could have been hurt..then I started her in her cat crate...if and when I ever do get back riding this season, she will be in her Tbag carrier which has more room...

Surw will send pix...On a nice sunny say I will take them , If we ever have sunny days..I am in Wisconsin and got to ride one day...

SIDECARSRULE - 4/25/2011 9:35 AM

Surw will send pix...On a nice sunny say I will take them , If we ever have sunny days..I am in Wisconsin and got to ride one day...

Huh! We are in a rain mode right now, besides, I am not riding at all while i wait for my MRI on my gear foot to see if I need surgery...POUT!!..

Thats a drag but your bike will always be waiting..Good Luck with your foot.If you get board just email everybody on the forum, We'll keep you hopping

SIDECARSRULE - 4/25/2011 8:35 AM Surw will send pix...On a nice sunny say I will take them , If we ever have sunny days..I am in Wisconsin and got to ride one day...

Jody! How are you? My daughter and I used to visit you at the shop in Jefferson. I had my Valkyrie/Ural at the time. Do you still sell and install sidecars down in Jefferson?

SIDECARSRULE - 4/25/2011 9:45 AM

Thats a drag but your bike will always be waiting..Good Luck with your foot.If you get board just email everybody on the forum, We'll keep you hopping

HAHAHAHA!! I go to a few forums actually and yep y'all keep me hopping! I go to the Aero 750 forum, paddling.net,this place, motocampers.com forum, FB, curd(new), and bikersornot.com a goofy dating site...that 1 is really strange.. i get an occasional email from a (any)man that has seen my profile, likes what he sees, then sends me this broken english message that smecks of junk mail..do all peeps type like they are just learning our language or something? HAHA!! Sorry, somebody has to say it!........................

Last Friday Henry and I rode the five miles into town to get the mail as a first run of the year. I wanted to see if he remembered what he'd learned last fall. He did. He did very well well, kept the Doggles on and behaved very well. Saturday we took off on what was going to be a much longer ride. As we sat at the stop sign at the end of our road, a van went by and they waved. A little ways up the road, they were pulled over with camera in hand. We stopped and visited a short while. Then on into town, linked up with a friend and we were off. But Henry wouldn't settle down and behave. A few miles further I realized things would go down hill fast when we got into heavy traffic. I pulled over and my buddy came along side. I told him I had to take Henry home because he was misbehaving. That was fine. We returned home, visited here a while, then left leaving the misbehaving pup behind.

Attached files

He looks like a goofball in the photo above because his doggles are so crooked. Even straightend he decided he didn't want to keep them on and he'd tear his bed in the sidecar up as well to convince me he didn't feel like going for a ride this time. It worked. He got to go home.

Hi There....I am still at my son's yamaha dealership and it's gotten so big...I have only had a couple of people want sidecars and my husband is the one who puts them on..We still have a lot to learn about sidecars....How are you doing , It's been a long time , Still riding? Just set up a 562 velorex on my roadstar and found out the car is to light..Rig runs great but am upgrading the frame & wheel thru north west sidecars, met them here on the forum...Great help thanks to Lonnie.... Keep in touch with me

Looks like he's "Grewsome" since you've had him. I don't see your local Smokey in the pic, where's he hiding this time? lol
I caught too many yellow jackets with the 4" wind "Deflector" and switched to an 8"windshield.
Are you heading for the Chelan Rally this year?

Lonnie

They're out in force this morning Lonnie. Hearing him and a reserve on the scanner doing the speed trap thing while the school zone light flashes. Yeah, that one doesn't "deflect" the wind hits me mid chest. I plan on driving up Saturday in the car unless Henry comes a long way in a month's time as far as riding in the sidecar. I'll visit with everyone and return home that evening. We'll be at the John Day rally though. Plan on trailering to that one, once again because of Henry. I don't think he'll be up for a trip like that in the sidecar. He'll get there but has to grow up in more ways than just adding pounds and muscle. You're right, he grew some over the winter... Oh yeah, the photo was taken closer to our place than the city limits. The speed trap is within those boundaries. Except for Lincoln Co's finest. They're out there too! Welcome to Lincoln Co!! Although last Labor Day I was riding with the HOG group east of Lewiston, ID. We left a gas stop, pulled up to a stop sign as a group, pulled away as a group. I was second from the rear. An ISP came around the back guy and pulled me over. $75 for failing to stop at the stop sign. Nez Pierce Co. Oh well....

Give me your phone #. If I'm able to make the Rally I'll be going through Wilbur and Reardon is on the way. I'll be watching the speedo on Washington byways.

Lonnie

Reardan Tom - 4/25/2011 12:14 PM

They're out in force this morning Lonnie. Hearing him and a reserve on the scanner doing the speed trap thing while the school zone light flashes. Yeah, that one doesn't "deflect" the wind hits me mid chest. I plan on driving up Saturday in the car unless Henry comes a long way in a month's time as far as riding in the sidecar. I'll visit with everyone and return home that evening. We'll be at the John Day rally though. Plan on trailering to that one, once again because of Henry. I don't think he'll be up for a trip like that in the sidecar. He'll get there but has to grow up in more ways than just adding pounds and muscle. You're right, he grew some over the winter... Oh yeah, the photo was taken closer to our place than the city limits. The speed trap is within those boundaries. Except for Lincoln Co's finest. They're out there too! Welcome to Lincoln Co!! Although last Labor Day I was riding with the HOG group east of Lewiston, ID. We left a gas stop, pulled up to a stop sign as a group, pulled away as a group. I was second from the rear. An ISP came around the back guy and pulled me over. $75 for failing to stop at the stop sign. Nez Pierce Co. Oh well....

I am a bus driver, normally.....yaya...most think I'm NOT normal..HEEHEE!! Sooo, I try to ride/drive the speed limit. I prefer to ride solo alot for the very reason that you had that prob in the group...they either ride too fast or make sloppy stops and the police can be anywhere out there, just hoping to get their quota of tix....getting a sidecar would be perfect for me and Georgia! I drive..she rides sidecar....then there's that known prob when ya ride at the end, where the crack the whip thing occurs...the last bikes always have to ride faster to stay caught up to the front bikes...

When I was riding with a bunch of Aero riders in Wisconsin I decided to NOT play catchemup and stood my ground and just did the speed limit.. I wound up maintaining distance for a car to pass if they were pod enough to NEED to get around us. split the group in half and led the group over hill and dale...after we finished 1 of the guys complimented me on my riding abilities..it was nice of him but being new to the group and a WOMAN, I wondered if he would have complimented a man just the same...hmmmm...

Our very small group (four or less) has just one rule if split up we will meet at the 1st Saloon on the right side in the next town. It's worked well for the last few decades. Oh, yeah, and we stay under .08 at least till the days riding is done. After that, to each his/her own. Hard to believe when some of our group are Canucks, Eh?

Lonnie

I think that Delma will enjoy long sidecar riding. Mopeds and motorcycles are only vechicles she tolerates and in sunny days she hides from sunbeam under my or my friends' parked bikes in my backyard. Delma also enjoyed being transported to vet in standatd two-wheeled trailer.

But as each german shepherd she has errected ears. And even with windshield and roof there are air whirls inside the sidecar. I don't want her to get ears inflamation. Is there any way to protect her from such aliment? I dont think if she could like earplugs or other "patents" in/on her ears and I don't want to torture her in such way.

http://www.strangenewproducts.com/2006/03/ear-protection-for-flying-dogs.html
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=28063
http://www.oasisoriginals.net/petgear.html
http://www.twomuttsandabear.com/muttmuffs.htm
http://www.cherrybrook.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/3/2/bHappy-Hoodie--A-Safe-Natural-Way-To-Calm-Your-Pet-During-Groomingb
http://www.akatombo.com/en/merchandise/
http://www.pilotmall.com/product/Mutt-Muffs-Hearing-Protection-for-Dogs-X-Small/mutt-muffs

7th pic down at this site could be a DIY set up for ya'. 🙂
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/caught/baddog/caught18.htm

Mutt Muffs seems to be the most common hearing protectors, other than a helmet with flaps. Lots of options out there, it appears. These were just a few. Good luck with finding what you want. A nitted muffler that pulls up could work in cooler weather.

My dog Lobo loves the car...
i use a choke chain on her with a leash bolted to the floor....She can just catch the edge of the car..

Hey Onahog! I am from Winnipeg originally... where are you in Manitoba?

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next