Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Dnepr/Ural dealers in California

I'm very interested in purchasing a Dnepr or Ural cycle. However, I'm having trouble finding any available closer to me than Ohio.

Does anyone know of a dealer for these imports in California? The closer to Fresno, the better...

Thanks

Originally written by CCSurfer316 on 3/10/2004 4:55 PM

I'm very interested in purchasing a Dnepr or Ural cycle. However, I'm having trouble finding any available closer to me than Ohio.

Does anyone know of a dealer for these imports in California? The closer to Fresno, the better...

Thanks

Without getting into too many details, the Ural-sellers in California were working under an entity known as CMSI. If you can find some older ads, these dealers may still have some new 2003's for sale.

Dneprs are not offered in CA but if you get one from the Ohio guy you MIGHT be able to build, title, and register it as a kit bike.

The new-new Ural people is (are) IMWA. As I understand it, IMWA took the new (CA OK) 750cc engine of CMSI and enlarged the valves and did some other internal (and external) stuff and "lost" the ability to sell Urals in California.

You MAY be able to find/get a nice used bike in CA, but don't hold your breath waiting for IMWA's products here.

Oh, the IS a Ural parts/repair dealership in Modesto...