Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

DMC/Indian rig is completed!

Hi, all!

Got a call from Tara at DMC last week to let me know my 2017 Indian Chief Vintage and DMC Tomahawk SE sidecar build has been completed! The completed rig is being shipped to me, so now it's just a matter of time waiting for the shipping company to haul the bike/hack from WA to ND. Ain't gonna lie... the wait is driving me bat poop crazy! 🙂 We've had some insanely gorgeous weather in recent weeks (strangely warm for ND this time of year - 65-70 degrees and sunny), but now the weather forecasters are talking about some serious snow this weekend (5-15" ) and possibly even a blizzard. Now, I'm quite certain the rig won't be delivered before this weekend (my guess is sometime towards the end of November), so I'm hoping the snow comes and goes and then we can get back to the strangely warm weather we've been having as of late. C'mon, global warming! Let me have another month of this glorious weather! 🙂

But the bike and sidecar sure do look good together, regardless of what the weather may or may not be doing when it finally arrives.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Gregg Grauer has reacted to this post.
Gregg Grauer

ncdave - 11/14/2016 3:31 PM Note to Greg: Move to North Carolina! 😀 beautiful rig!!!!!!!

I suppose this rig would actually make a roadtrip to NC pretty enjoyable. But I'm pretty adverse to hurricanes, so I don't know if I could live there. 🙂

A friend and I made a trip over to DMC last Tuesday and saw your rig there. A gorgeous, impressive rig!! Here's to many years of trouble free adventures!!

Hi Greg:
Those pictures make my heart go Pitty Pat. (If you need that defined a little better - Your rig is beautiful.)

That's cool! I can't wait to actually see it in person. I was able to check out the bike at the Auburn Indian shop when the wifey and I were in Seattle early last month, but the bike didn't have all of the accessories added, etc. Since we were down that way we also swung by DMC and Jay gave us a tour of the shop. We saw our sidecar, but that that point it had only recently come out the mold. It definitely didn't look at nice as it does now. 🙂

A few minutes ago I got an update from the shipping company. The rig is expected to be picked up from DMC between 11/21-23 and delivered sometime between 11/30-12/2. Man... that's gonna be pushing it, weather-wise. But, heck, even if I can't ride it until next spring, you know full well I'll be spending time sitting on it in the garage the with motor purring. 🙂

That has got to be one of the most beautiful rigs I have ever seen!!!! Wishing you many years of great riding with it.

I was going to attach this to the earlier post but had to wait until I got back on the PC. Didn't have it on the laptop. The only photo I took all day last Tuesday. Your photos are much better. The shadow didn't do me any favors and I didn't spend much time composing the shot. We were ready to leave by then so I grabbed a shot and we headed out.

Attached files

Hi Again Greg:
We have been experiencing some warmer than usual weather in the Black Hills too. I have ridden twice in the last two weeks. I keep pinching myself but the weather will become more fall/winter like this week with snow predicted. Where are you in ND? It sounds like your weather is much like ours.
On another related subject - we sold our outfit of 20 years to a young couple in NC this spring. We shipped by BikeHaul. They are good but not fast. The new owners and I emailed about 20 times after the deal was made and the shipping was in process. It happened as the shipping company said it would - but boy was the wait hard.

Rolling Art! Well done Jay & crew!!

You must be one proud pilot Greg!

Reardan Tom - 11/14/2016 6:23 PM I was going to attach this to the earlier post but had to wait until I got back on the PC. Didn't have it on the laptop. The only photo I took all day last Tuesday. Your photos are much better. The shadow didn't do me any favors and I didn't spend much time composing the shot. We were ready to leave by then so I grabbed a shot and we headed out.

Neat! 🙂

jwshort - 11/14/2016 6:52 PM

Hi Again Greg:

We have been experiencing some warmer than usual weather in the Black Hills too. I have ridden twice in the last two weeks. I keep pinching myself but the weather will become more fall/winter like this week with snow predicted. Where are you in ND? It sounds like your weather is much like ours. On another related subject - we sold our outfit of 20 years to a young couple in NC this spring. We shipped by BikeHaul. They are good but not fast. The new owners and I emailed about 20 times after the deal was made and the shipping was in process. It happened as the shipping company said it would - but boy was the wait hard.

I'm in GF. If I lived in the western part of the state perhaps I'd get the bike a day or two earlier. I suppose patience is a virtue. I'd rather the bike take a little while to get here and be safe along the way, rather than get here quickly, but perhaps not in one piece.

That is a pretty rig.. I hope that you get many safe and pleasure filled miles with it,,

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Yikes!! That rig is stunning!

You had better plan on any ride taking twice the normal time.

Does the rig have reverse?
Regards,
Rob