Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

DMC sidecars is for sale

I have decided to retire and have a sale pending on our building. As such I am looking for a buyer for the sidecar company.

What I have for sale are molds, production tooling, patterns, CNC programs and any parts and materials currently on hand. Sale will include rights to the name, web page, phone number. Contact information for our overseas distributors. Tooling and rights to all of our mounts and trailer hitches. Or in short everything but the actual machinery needed. The machinery is also available separately.
You can see all but 2 of our sidecars on our web page. Many of these are also made for left hand mount as we export to Australia. The two sidecars not on the side are the GT https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghakz9cvv35wlzv/0516190811_Burst01.jpg?dl=0
And the Liberator https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot0195aun7fb6hs/hondagl1800gwblueliberatorrf8.2005.JPG?dl=0
In addition, we also are including the molds for a trike body that is designed to use DNA rear ends. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kg1efv964pfi5a/100_5837.JPG?dl=0

Price $75,000 USD. All must be removed by January 6th 2023

Just the profits from ongoing orders for trailer hitches from our two largest distributors would make the payments on any loan needed to purchase the company.

The company is a viable going company, the building I own just got so valuable that it no longer makes sense for me to keep working.

All current orders will be completed, we are taking orders for some hardware still for a very limited time.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD

Buckley WA

http://www.dmcsidecars.com/sidecars

866-638-1793

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

That is sad news for the sidecar community. I hope that you will stay active our group. Debbie and I are so happy with our DMC sidecar no issues just lots of miles. We wish you the best.

Good luck Jay enjoy the retirement. You will be missed.

After all, the work you had moving into your new place it's got to be hard leaving. I hope you good luck with your retirement. Thanks for all your help over the years. 

Jay, I wish you the best with your retirement. 

smitty901 and Thane Lewis have reacted to this post.
smitty901Thane Lewis
USCA # 8913

Smart man knows when to take the deal and walk away. That has never been more true than times we are facing.

I have turned down many stupid  high money offers for the farm. I just can not let it go. Staying in the family.

SwampFox and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxFlyinMonkeys

Jay, thanks for all your efforts in the sidecar community over the years.  It was a pleasure working with you!  Enjoy your retirement, but know that you will be missed!  Good luck my friend!

smitty901 has reacted to this post.
smitty901
Cheers! Joe

It has been reported that DMC has been sold to our own Kent Silk, Texas Sidecar Company.  Hope they move everything down to Texas. Seem other major Tech companies are relocating to Texas. There has to be a many good reasons for so many multimillion-dollar companies to move here.

Wish Kent and his crew the very best with this new acquisition.  The future of US sidecar production is not as dim as it was a few days a go. 

MGV8, Craig and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8CraigJoe NorrisFlyinMonkeys

Wish Kent the best

CCjon and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeys
Quote from CCjon on November 18, 2022, 9:11 pm

It has been reported that DMC has been sold to our own Kent Silk, Texas Sidecar Company.

This is great news!  Best of luck to Kent.  Glad to hear that all Jay's work won't go by the wayside.  Woohoo!

Craig has reacted to this post.
Craig
Cheers! Joe

Kent has hired my GM as his GM so all should be fine.

Until the move we are taking orders for stuff we have in stock. But not taking any more orders for sidecars. Once we finish our workload then the company will move.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

SwampFox, MGV8 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxMGV8CCjonJoe Norris
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

That is great news, I'm also glad to see all your hard work over the years will have a chance to keep going. 

I wish Kent the best of luck 

SwampFox, CCjon and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonsmitty901Joe NorrisFlyinMonkeys
USCA # 8913

Jay,

Good Luck in your efforts to retire.  I have lots of miles on the new rig you mounted on my Harley Davidson.  It is perfect!

Gary Shearer, Salem, Oregon

CCjon and Joe Norris have reacted to this post.
CCjonJoe Norris

Jay, very sorry to learn that DMC is leaving the area, but I can tell you retirement is great, so enjoy it!  I want to thank you for the excellent work you and your company have done for me over the years with numerous rigs.  Will you be staying active with sidecaring?  If so, let's get together for ride.

Mark Nelson

CCjonJoe Norris

Hi Mark, right now the only sidecar bike I have is a KLR with an Enduro. My wife's Moto Guzzi Eldorado is due back from the restoration shop in the next few months. We are building her a Patriot and we are building me everything to make a great R1250GSA / Expedition however I have yet to purchase the bike. The KLR we plan on using as a "support" Vehicle as we will be buying a smaller 4wd motorhome and doing some traveling.

We are going to be away from sidecaring for a while as we have many other things going on however, we will be back at some point. May bring back the NW sidecar pilots and start hosing events.

Jay

CCjonJoe Norris