Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Directory

When might the new Emergency and Friendship Directory be published.
The 2014 issue has only one member listed in MS. Have never met Spencer in Nesbit.
Cannot come up with a good reason why I haven't called him yet.
If he is still a member, there are at least three of us now. 🙂

The next Directory is set to come out with the next Sidecarist. We're hoping to go to press next week.

I am a new member, how do I go about getting listed in the directory?

The directory is compiled and printed once year. When you signed up there was a question about the directory and your listing is based on that question.

I am BiscuitsNGravey or David Mills of Gowrie, IA. I have a new phone number for the Emergency & Friendship Directory. It is: 515-351-2302
Thanks.

how many looked up their own name first? 🙂

I am still the only USCA member in CR, as Poncho out of my village lives in USA (never met him in person, just heard his shouting once on his father's birthday).
We have now 2 regular new rig pushers in Costa Rica and might get new members soon, as there opens this weekend a new Ural representation.
May I get a few recruiting flyers for to stir the drum?
Sven

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

How do you get on the list of people that have trailers are can help should someone have an issue in the area.

I am setup to trailer any sidecar rig. And would be willing to help any member.

CCjon, Dynamick and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonDynamickFlyingMonkeys

For that matter, so do I.  

Dynamick and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
DynamickFlyingMonkeys

Hi all.

On the renewal sheet there are 2 questions you can answer. One is for friendship,  have a cup of coffee and conversation,  the other is for contact incase of emergency.  By checking either of those you will get listed in the directory.......Or you can tell me. 😉 (I'll need member name)

Belinda

bdstaxsvc@embarqmail.com

CCjon, smitty901 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901Thane LewisFlyingMonkeys
Belinda Schraeder EA, USCA Treasurer

This might be a useful thing to add to the Q1 BOD meeting for future updates to the directory. 

CCjon and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901

Has there been any thought to making this directory available online, maybe as a PDF, in a members only area? That way if someone were to need emergency help, while on the road, they wouldn't have needed to carry the paper directory.

United Sidecar Association Member #9953

Dynamick, yes there have been discussions along that line. The stumbling block seems to be how to limit access to USCA members only. The Directory is one of the direct benefits of USCA membership. 

To take it online involves moving the web site to a different server / hosting/editing software that allows a members only portal for services/booklets/etc  such as the Directory.  A move like that requires a large outlay of funds, time and resources to accomplish.

While not impossible, it would take a long term commitment and a change in letting go of the status quo.

DRONE, Dynamick and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
DRONEDynamickThane LewisReardan TomViajeroFlyingMonkeys

I don't see a problem with carrying the printed version of the directory. I always just left it on the bike. Easier for me that way than an online version would have been while on the road.

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

What about an App for USCA, where you have to be a member to log into and give access to the directory that way? Just thinking out loud.

Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar