Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Dependence Day Ride

Adventure Sidecar has our first Advanced Class/Mini Tour scheduled for July 16~18, 2010. We rode out July 3rd to check the Western Gorge Mini Tour route. Amy hopped in the sidecar and my brother, David, joined us aboard his Harley.

We crossed over to Washington and headed up SR14

Road construction was halted for the holiday weekend, but it looks like I may need to find a work around for this leg.

We crossed the Columbia back into Oregon on the Bridge of the Gods

A short hop on the freeway brought us to the backdoor of the Old Highway and, eventually, Multnomah Falls.
Multnomah Falls

We wound our way up to Crown Point
Amy, Me and Dave

After a lunch break we looped back around Mt.Hood

I picked up a hitch hiker near ZigZag, when Smokey the Bear hopped in the hack
SmokeytheBear

Some of the route had Dave dirtbikin’ the Hawg
lologravel

The Rhodies and the Bear Grass were in bloom at the higher elevations.
BearGrass

Dave “It is a dualsport bike if I say it’s a dualsport bike!”
Dave

Raker Point
Raker

A single lane paved go-kart track through the woods-perfect!

We dropped off the mountain into the lush farmland of the Hood River Valley

We had a lovely day of riding;150 miles of beautiful, twisting roads down through the Columbia River Gorge and back up over the flanks of Mt.Hood.

Join Adventure Sidecar on the Western Gorge Mini Tour July 16~18,2010

Looked like a lot of fun some great scenery Vernon, How did your brother like some of the "paths"

Amy, Dave and I had a great time. My brother and I hadn't been riding together for ages! Most of this route is paved, some good pavement, some not so much so. There is about six miles of gravel, but it is in pretty good shape. Dave was a little apprehensive as the beginning of the gravel is a long, fairly steep, downhill run, but he did fine and I don't think it bothered him too much. After lunch, about the middle of the route, was a long stretch of very tight corners, with a number of hairpins, and we climbed and dropped several thousand feet a couple of times over that leg of the route. Both the Harley and the sidecar rig required some attention and some muscle; we got quite a workout, but it was worth it! You would be hard pressed to find prettier motorcycle riding anywhere in the world!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventureSidecar#p/a/u/0/LPUswyAELdI

This is the last leg of the Western Gorge Tour. It includes about 6 miles downhill on gravel. It can be a little sketchy on a big bike like Dave's Harley; the sidecar, of course, had no problem...