Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Dealers/Installers

Hmmmm, did I miss something or does does the Illinois/Midwest map NOT list Kurt Liebhaber? I admit that I just went through the clicks quickly, but jeez guys PLEASE be careful not to turn this site into an ad for a particular vendor.

Most who know him, would consider Kurt to be a truly premier builder and installer! If that's not the case, why do people come to Waterman, IL to have their rigs built or installed?

Just my opinion based on several years experience.

Ron

Ron,

The Dealers list is only one of four lists that I created. Kurt is not on this list, he is on my list of Manufacturers because he does manufacture his own sidecar as well as being a dealer for others. Only the Dealers list has been loaded so far. When the other three are loaded, most everyone in the business should be represented.

Bruce.

I just want to say a big Thank You to Bruce for his work with these lists. Before he began gathering this information no lists existed. Bruce is very good at this and his work is appreciated. Since everyone who works behind the scenes here is a volunteer, patience is the key. This site is developing into a good source of sidecar information but we have only been open for business since June. It will keep getting better.

Originally written by RonC on 11/6/2003 6:21 PM

Hmmmm, did I miss something or does does the Illinois/Midwest map NOT list Kurt Liebhaber? I admit that I just went through the clicks quickly, but jeez guys PLEASE be careful not to turn this site into an ad for a particular vendor.Most who know him, would consider Kurt to be a truly premier builder and installer! If that's not the case, why do people come to Waterman, IL to have their rigs built or installed?Just my opinion based on several years experience.Ron

I don't know Mr. Leibhaber and have never been to Waterman. I'm sure there are a number of dealers out there that we are not aware of. The lists were compiled using the Sidecar Installers and the Sidecar Distributors and Dealers lists supplied to me. Both lists, as you know, are available to you under the Reference Forum. Mr. Leibhaber doesn't appear on either list. In addition, at the top of the Map page is the following request, "If you have any additions or corrections please send them to the webmaster." Neither you or Mr. Liebhaber have sent me such a request. Instead of turning this into some kind of favoritism debate, you could ask Kurt to kindly send me the information and I will ad it to the list. The same holds true for any other dealers out there. I do ask that the request come from the dealer, however, to be certain it is complete and accurate.At the same time, the comment about turning the list into an "ad for a particular dealer", needs to be addressed. Anyone who wishes to pay to have their sidecar related ad posted, as Dauntless did, will have it posted, as long as it is appropriate and follows size guidelines. For the first three months this site was up, there was a statement to that effect on the top of the page. It was then suggested that folks understand what paid advertising is and the statement was unnecessary, so I removed it.

Mike, it's NOT my intention to "stir up the pot" here. However, I feel I must make two comments. First, I'm certain there are a number of sidecar builders and installers out there who prefer to spend time doing what they're skilled at rather than sitting in front of a computer. They may have tremendous sidecar skills but limited interest in 'puters. If the goal of a dealers/installers list is to help people interested in sidecaring (as opposed to serving as a cheap way of advertising) then I think it's vital that any such list be as broad and inclusive as possible. To my knowledge, neither you nor the other administrators are "endorsing" the companies and individuals that appear on your list. If I'm wrong in this, please tell us.

Second, I'm really surprised that you don't know, at least, of Kurt's reputation. Possibly you don't read the ads in the back of OUR journal, but a quick glance at any of the issues for the past several years will show that he's advertised there in every issue.

To risk being redundant: what's the purpose of the list(s)? If they're aimed at helping sidecarists, then I suggest you make every effort to be as broad and inclusive as possible (certainly to assure that you include those as well known as Kurt). If the purpose is to recommend certain people or firms, I simply ask that that be made clear as well as the basis for the recommendations.

Peace,

Ron