USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Darkside regrets???

On my 750 rig Run 155/60R15 Car tires on both rear motorcycle and on sidecar. It works well .

On the big bike and twin sidecar I run 195/60R16 an a 13 inch car tire Not a trailer tire on the sidecar. never and issue. On both the car tire helps in snow a lot.  Also seems to do much better in rain. It may just be me but I have found the Car tire with mileage ratings of 40,000 miles work better than those with ratings of 80,000. Different compounds.

I am now working on converting the 2020 RGL to car tire in the rear. Issue is factory is an 18 inch wheel and no tire will work. Already have a 16 inch wheel set up with bearings and ready to try it. The over all height will end up about 1/2 lower. So we need to work out Effects on the traction control system.

I will not tell others what to do. But suggest , if you remove the sidecar avoid car tire on a two wheel bike. I know it is done . I have done it. I am not sure it is a good idea.

Any tire can fail. What cause the failure effect the out come. The worst tire failure I ever had was a valve stem on a tubed sidecar tire separated from tube. It was a wild ride until stopped.  Other than that tire it had been many years sense I ran any tube tires.  I have not forgotten the tubes getting rapped around wheel and locking a tire up. No tubes for me.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

I am triple dark side on my Sidecar rig. I am dark side on my solo 1800 Gold Wing. The idea of having run flat technology back there is very appealing.

However I am one of those who removed a car tire from the rear of my solo 1999 Valkyrie Interstate. For some reason that bike likes MC tires better.

CCjon and John Holbrook have reacted to this post.
CCjonJohn Holbrook