Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

CSM Inc. announces the Freedom Steel Series

To fullfill what we feel is a need in the sidecar industry C Stanley Motorsports Inc. is happy to announce a new series of American made sidecar called the Freedom Steel series. We hope many will be as excited about this as we are.

The initial sidecar body being offered is called the CSM 1.( See attachment.)
Bodies are constructed of 16 and 18 gauge steel. The CSM 1 can also be ordered in 1/8" aluminum as an option.

Note that body design varaitions are available upon request. All bodies are handcrafted one at a time. We are not 'trapped' by a fiberglass mold here. Do not be afraid to call for pricing if you think you want a body modification done.

Bracing inside the bodies is minimal which alleviates some of the 'knee knockers' the passengers have seen in days past.

True 'punched in' side louvers are also available if desired. Pricing varies with the number of louvers etc.

The standard CSM 1 body does not have an outside opening trunk but one can be added. There are various trunk design options which include a fold out table for camping and/or a spare tire rack.

A nice upholstery package in black is standard. This includes a seat,seat back and floor covering. A tonneau cover and side interior upholstery is also available. Color options are possible also.

A full windshield is also an option as is a Brooklands windscreen.

For those who desire additional weather protection we have an optional fold down convertible top in the works. This means you can fold the top back instead of removing it and having to lose valuable storage space when traveling.

Steel bodies will be powdercoated inside and out in either black or white with various basic color options available upon request. Powdercoating creates a very durable finish which should be
applealing to many. Paint can be added over the powdercoating by the owner if desired.

Aluminum bodies can be delivered as bare aluminum or powdercoated also.

The chassis itself is not a converted design from years past. It is constructed of 1 3/4" x .120 wall DOM tubing. with mandral bends being utilized in key points to keep the number of welded joints at
a minumum. 4130 Condition 'N' Chrome moly tubing can also be had if desired as an option. Welding is via TIG and MIG throughout.

The swingarm is of a trailing design rotating around a full 1" pivot spindle with a CNC machined custom hub. The wheel spindle is also a full 1" in diameter. Tapered roller bearings are used
throughout. No bushings are used in the swingarm assembly.

Std. Suspension is via a coil over shock with a splined torsion bar suspension including a manual tilt adjustor being available.

The standard wheel and tire combination consists of an aluminum wheel with a 165r15 car tire mounted. Call for options.

The lower mounts are adjustable for track width, wheel lead etc.
Connections at all mounting points are typically via clevis and eyebolts utilizing 1/2" grade 8 bolts.

Struts are constructed with b7 graded rod and 1 1/4" tubing. Ends are CNC machined clevis or eye nut type. Struts with left and right hand threads are also available for ease of adjustment.

A self contained sidecar braking system is an option which includes heavy duty Wilwood master cylinder and automotive caliper with a solid disc. There are other options as well.

Initial pricing will be under 4k for the standard steel model CSM1.

Note that with the 'Freedom Steel Series' we have to capability to produce a metal body to fit your exisiting sidecar frame.
Call or email for details on options and special one off body pricing.
Orders are being taken now.
(570) 837-5120..........cstanley@sunlink.net
Claude

Attached files

Claude, Congratulations on your new product, wishing you much success. Linda

That is wonderful! Congratulations!
It sounds like a great product.
Wishing you all the success/business you can handle. 🙂
Gail

I like it Claude! Good for you. How wide is that body?

Don't forget a signature of some sort so we can brag about it being a genuine CSM.

Originally written by SidecarMike on 5/4/2008 11:33 PM

I like it Claude! Good for you. How wide is that body?

Don't forget a signature of some sort so we can brag about it being a genuine CSM.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Std CSM 1 is the same basic length and width as a Ural. We can make it wider if someone wants that. In fact we are doing one soon that is 5" wider than stock.
If you have an exisiting sidecar frame that you wish to use we can make a body to fit it.
As far as a std 'signature' goes There is a thick oval shaped aluminum plate that has the letters CSM machined into it that will be mounted to each body. I will post a picture tonight.
There is also a small nameplate plaque that states, for example " This sidecar built especially for 'Mike Laubestein' by C Stanley Motorsports Inc., Middleburg, Pa.'
Thanks for the kind words. Now, how many do you want? LOL
Claude

Originally written by claude #3563 on 5/5/2008 4:14 AM

There is also a small nameplate plaque that states, for example " This sidecar built especially for 'Mike Laubestein' by C Stanley Motorsports Inc., Middleburg, Pa.'
Thanks for the kind words. Now, how many do you want? LOL
Claude

First let me see how the Coupe works out. If I don't like it, I'll list the body here and order a 27" wide aluminum from you.

see picture of CSM plate in attachment

Attached files

Hi ,
I am looking for a sidecar to fit a 2011 Road King .
That sidecar should offer more room than the HD tub and also an easier access and a roof for rain/sun protection . I am presently owning also a 95 ElectraGlide with HD tub .
My taste is for a traditionnal looking tub but well equipped ( brake , etc..) .
What make and model of sidecar may you recommand ?
Truly yours
Jean

See our site at freedom sidecars.com and look at the American Classic series. I think that may do well for you. We have also done a lot of Harley/ Hannigan Sidecar combinations. The Hannigan Classic is a greatr sidecar and priced very well.

Hello Claude ,
We may plan , my wife and I to stop by your place sometimes in June on our way to visiting a sidecar fan who lives in West Chester , PA .
I will let you know times in advance .
Now , may you prepare me a quote for your own American Classic sidecar , with brakes , access door , foldable rain cover , custom paint ( Blue Pearl HD 2011 color ) , including set up on the bike at your place ?
Technical question : my bike is equipped with the ABS braking system . how this would work with a sidecar ?
Many thanks
Jean

This is wonderful! I like it Claude. Do not forget the signature of some sort so that we can boast is a real CMS.

Maruti Swift