USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

CSC FIII on the GL1800

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with the results. it's been a good 5 years or more since I have painted anything so I was pretty nervous to take on the job. I wanted to farm it out but not one paint shop in our area would touch it. I wanted to use PPG but they wanted 400 per QT. I went with Color rite and I'm glad I did, they have the paint per the paint code and the match is fantastic. 

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

still chipping away at it. I got the new seal installed around the main hatch, got the carpet glued back in place. here is another shot

I'll get more recent pics added soon as I have more done since this one was taken. I am almost done with the frame, added the extension so it will work with the Goldwing and I'm almost done building my tilt trim bracket. I have to admit I sure wish I could have found one to buy, been a little trial and error with fabricating it myself. 

Uploaded files:
  • sc.jpg
CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

That is looking sharp. Hopefully we see it in person next summer at the rally?

so I have finished the build of the bracket/mount for the tilt trim and adding the extension to the frame, I wired up a couple relays and hooked it up to do a test run and I am happy to report everything works perfect. so now I can take it back home and paint the new extension to the frame and all the brackets for the trim motor

Now I need to get off my tail and start installing the subframe on the bike so I can marry these two