USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Counting down to my new Sidecar.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a Champion Legend Sidecar for my 2005 1500 Drifter. I don't know who's more excited, me or my daughter. Went full boat except paint, my father in law does auto body. Tilt, Disc Brake etc.
Can't wait to discuss actual riding instead of shopping for a rig.

Paul

Oh boy, your Life will never be the same! 😉
Congrats on your purchase!

Welcome to the world of sidecaring.

Rustle - 3/14/2011 5:52 PM

Oh boy, your Life will never be the same!...

+1 on that! Please keep us informed of your progress.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Congratulation on your Legend purchase. I have a 2005 Legend and love it. I had Champion paint it and they did a excellent job of color matching my paint & pin strips. The T.I.L.T. control makes the bike handle great. Everyone that rides in it says how comfortable it is.
When your Legend is delivered check your brake rotor because mine came badly bent because Brembo stamped their part# on the thin outer edge and bent it. The replacement was also bent but not as bad. It got worse over time and I had to have it machined.

Sidehack05 1999 H-D FLHR with Champion Legend Sidecar

I got the tilt, brake as well. I also having some triple trees done. My father in law works auto body so I'll have him paint it. Haven't decided on the paint scheme as my bike is black and silver and was thinking of going Checker cab yellow with the checker stripe like a cab. I saw a drifter done that way and loved it, with a hack it makes even more sense.

Paul

First minor glitch with Champion. Wanted a wide whitewall, they wanted $285 more. I could swallow the extra cost difference, but not the whole tire price. Black wall it is for a few miles then. LOL... Jay at DMC is awesome to work with. Can't wait to report the whole delivery and installation process.

Paul

Sidecar is in!!!!! Pics on the way...

Share the pictures ! I'm thinking of buying a Champion Legend, myself. How long did it take for delivery? Would you buy from them again? Any insights appreciated.

HackSeeker - 5/6/2011 8:59 PM

Share the pictures ! I'm thinking of buying a Champion Legend, myself. How long did it take for delivery? Would you buy from them again? Any insights appreciated.

Pictures I have are in the crate. Takes six weeks to get the sidecar made and delivered. I went through DMC to order it as Champion's guy that used to handle the sidecars was/is very ill. SO far everything is going well. The Mechanic love3s the car and the quality (as I do) just from looking in the crate. The Indian Fender is Like a Front fender from an indian (or a Kawasaki Drifter), not as they show on the website, which I am happy about. I got it in the Gel coat finish as I am having someone paint it local.

Paul

Attached files