USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Concours 1000 LL and Sidecar Build

I posted this in the Hack section of the Adv forum. here's the link in case anyone would like to follow.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/concours-1000-leading-link-and-car.1203160/

check out the progress....

Attached files

received brake lines yesterday, so will put them on and bleed the brakes soon. just waiting for the Hagon shocks to arrive.

in the mean time, I found this:

Attached files

nice find, that looks like a good fit for your Concours. other than being a bit dusty it looks to be a good shape
is that LL the one you had from a 1200 goldwing

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

AJ1200 - 3/21/2017 12:47 PM

nice find, that looks like a good fit for your Concours. other than being a bit dusty it looks to be a good shape
is that LL the one you had from a 1200 goldwing

yep. UNIT LL front end originally built for a 1200 GW. that's a 1200 GW wheel, 1100 GW brake rotors and calipers. (at least best I can tell). the mounts came with the front end. I kinda had to mix/match to get the right combination for the calipers and rotors.

This weekend I have a COG wrench session at my place. I hope to have all parts for the front end and do assembly then!

too bad you won't have it ready in time to make the Sidecars in the Smokies rally

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

I wish I could. it's not completely out of the question though. some things have to come together.

all the front end it together except bleeding the brake calipers. I had a problem with the left caliper. I think it's due to corrosion internally. I've ordered another one and will have to wait until next week to install and bleed it.

Attached files

Made a blast from Charlotte to Jacksonville and back yesterday. this followed me home.

the gelcoat is a bit rougher than I expected, so paint will be a must. I'll get it done in maroon to match the bike. should look great.

everything else about it seems great. I had some cleaner I applied to the seat and body. it looks pretty good.

I'll be working on the wiring over the next few weeks. it needs general power for the tilt. also running lights and turn signals. it's got wiring for a radio, I believe, but I'm just going to put in a power adapter for an html connection. my girlfriend uses her iphone for music when riding. I think there's also wiring for an aux headlight. I gotta check the paperwork.

Attached files

^^Like^^