USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

comments in albums

someone is leaving add posting in my comments
how do i get rid of them
can i stop them from sending them
i lost one picture trying to clear them

grumpycrw - 4/23/2011 3:28 PM someone is leaving add posting in my comments how do i get rid of them can i stop them from sending them i lost one picture trying to clear them

I got rid of them for you. Joyce, I thought we were set up so guests could not post comments? His were all from a guest account.

Thanks for the help

I know only registered users can post to the forums but I could never find a place to block the album comments from unregistered users.

I just enabled Flood Control. This will limit users to one post every 4 minutes. It should kill any auto-robot type of posts or comments, but won't help with someone posting a single one.

I don't think this should be a hardship to our users, but it can be turned off if it is. Please let me know if it causes a problem.

I can't find any way to limit album comments either.

Mike

checking out other albums i see that 90k75s albums has 368 comments
if it happens again is there any way to delete them

It is easy to fix I think. Go to albums, click edit your album at the upper right. Pick the name of the album to edit and at the bottom are two boxes. Check the box that says allow registered users to add comments instead of the unregistered users and you should be set.