USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Changing Rear M/C Tire while Hooked To Rig

Hi all; I not currently in that situation as I just have low mileage on my Goldwing what's now hooked to my Hannigan Rig. Does changing a rear M/C tire require seperation from the rig? I'm curious as to how most of your sidecarist handle this situation?

I've changed my rear tire twice and haven't found the need to remove the sidecar. I jack the bike up with a floor jack under the center stand, remove the trailer hitch and the necessary plastic, let the air out of the car tire, remove the lug nuts and work the tire and rim out. Reverse the procedure for installation.

Jack up the bike, remove the wheel. No big deal. You can run an automotive tire on this rim no problem a tall. 205's fit well, 215's are tight.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I used motorcycle jack for bike + one more automotive jack for sidecar. Bring it up just enough to take the wheel out.