Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Can't edit my own profile

Why is it when I try to edit my own profile I get the message "Sorry. You are not allowed to access this page." from Word Press. I wrote the dang thing, I should be allowed to edit it!!

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

Tom, I went in and edited mine just now.  Word press had a update from 5.61 to 5.62 I did that too.  don't forget to save it also.

Dave USCA president

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

I'll try again. Not sure what 5.61 to 5.62 refers to. I'll get back to ya. (two minutes later...) Ok, I went to my profile and down in the left corner, it says "edit profile" in blue. I clicked there. Up pops a message that says- " Sorry. You are not allowed to access this page."

Out of curiosity I just attempted to edit mine and it worked fine!  Possibly need updates?

Tom, the numbers were WordPress numbers like Windows 9 to Windows 10.  Vaccine 1 updated to 2.  Bill Gates has stock in 2 of the vaccines.

OK, I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'll see if I can update, if not, I'll be back asking more questions. Thanks guys.

Nope. Still not allowed to access the page. Oh well.

I can't update the Pie information -- city state member # -- in my profile. Why Not? 

And I can't understand anything about updating wordpress. That sounds like something the site administrators should be doing.

frustrating.

Duncan

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

For some reason I don't understand, some people can update their profiles and some can't.  I can eliminate Pie Register but then everyone will need to register again and all current posts MAY show up as written by "Guest".

And by the way, as the current administrator, I quit.

A

I am having this same problem.  It won't let me upload a profile photo/avatar, and i get the "you're not allowed" message on just about everything I do.  Not sure what's up!

Cheers! Joe

Hope you get some resolution Joe. When I see any of my older posts now, it calls me "deleted user". I don't take that as a compliment. Lots of history gone. And I'm not the only "deleted user." Dave S. is also. (Not even going to attempt to spell his last name but he is the former prez of the club.)

- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

Did anyone ever figure out the issue with not being able to add USCA # and a profile pic? I can't add either.

CCjon and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeys

At the Annual Meeting in Hotchkiss last week, we all met the new Forum Admin who was just hired -- a real pro.  I spoke with him and he's aware of the issues with Profiles.  However, there are a whole bunch of issues, both with the forum and with the website, that he wants to address and for some of the issues you have to first fix five other things before you can fix the first thing.  So, basically, it's a long process not an overnight fix. 

But happily we now have someone working behind the scenes who understands the coding and can puzzle out solutions to these issues.

[My issue is I can edit my Profile but I'm "not allowed" to upload a pic to use as my avatar!]

CCjon and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeys

Lurking...

DRONE has reacted to this post.
DRONE
"I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things."

Drone I like your profile pic.  

Dave

DRONE has reacted to this post.
DRONE
Quote from BriSco on July 10, 2022, 8:53 pm

Did anyone ever figure out the issue with not being able to add USCA # and a profile pic? I can't add either.

I think our new Webmaster has looked into this because just this morning I was able to upload an avatar pic.

Of course, now ALL my posts have my pic so my posts complaining about not having one make me sound confused.

Situation normal in the DRONE household.

Thane Lewis and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisFlyinMonkeys