Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

camper trailer

looking for input into pulling a pop up camper behind a sidecar rig, I have Harley ultra with Harley sidecar, wondering if better to have hitch on back of bike or between sidecar and bike, like to camp when going to rallies, but lost our motorhome to a flood, and just too old and stiff to sleep on the ground anymore.

I pull a camper behind my rig as do many others. I use the bike but modified my hitch so the side of the camper lines up with the left side of the bike saddle bags
this way I have a good straight line on the left. it does pull more as it's offset from the rear of the bike but I have gotten used to it
I would rather have that then have the camper wider on the left AND the car on the right, just too much width to deal with on narrow and twisty roads for me

bummer about the motorhome.

USCA # 8913

Depend of how wide is your camper. My sticks out pat Goldwing saddlebag just 3" on the left so i use regular hitch on the bike.

I have a 48-inch wide camper and have a hitch bar that bridges under the front mount and over the rear mount between the bike and sidecar. There is some push-pull on acceleration-decelleration but easily controllable. The trailer wheels run close to the rig wheel tracks.
Ralph

I'm down to just my small cargo trailer that I tow directly behind the tug but I will say that as far as pop up campers go, the Kwik Kamp is hard to beat. Easy set up and the cargo space stays intact when the tent is set up. I sold my KK in order to purchase my Liberty. A friend in western WA has his KK for sale. If you're interested, he's at auwing@gmail.com. Cory Shipman.

I pulled mine from the center of the bike and the sidecar. Worked for me and did not caused a problem. I go to about 8 motorcycle rallies a year and get on a lot of narrow roads. So I don't want to take up more room that I need to.
Lloyd

I saw a aspen bunkhouse camper with garage add on ...craigslist Knoxville tn $2650.00. In the rv section If anyone is looking.

I pulled mine directly behind my old GL1500 when i had that rig, but as others have said it depends on the width. Wider trailer - would want to have it centered just so it sticks out less.