Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

calling Jay at DMC 🙂

Hi Jay. In the past you mentioned that you had a couple of gl 1500 rigs. I wonder if I might ask you a couple of questions. I live just south of you a little north of Vanc. wa.

My rig is a 1994 gl 1500 SE. With a 2007 CSC friendship 3. I was wondering if you did anything with the suspension on your rigs ? I bought this rig with only 42,000 miles on it about a year ago, it now has 49,000 miles on it and don't think the side car has many miles on it. It was all installed by CSC in there east coast facility.

It has electric trim and a 6.5 degree triple tree . I handles very well and everything works as it should but the suspension seems a little over worked. Both on the car and the bike. The forks have a set of progressive springs and I have the stock Honda springs as well. The rear shocks are stock as well. Just wondering if there is anything that would help out the antiquated suspensi0n on the gl.

Thanks Jay for any info you could provide.

My office manager has pretty much the same bike and sidecar as yours as her daily rider. I have owned several GL1500's with sidecars, two with the CSCF3 one bike I have owned 3 times 🙂 and one was done with a Champion Daytona. I have never done anything with the rear shock/spring but keep in mind, when I owned these bikes they were not as old as they now are. I would run the air pressure up as high as it would go with out me on the bike and called it good. On the GL1500 with the Daytona I ended up adding a leading link front end when I sold it as due to the weight of the new owner there was no way the stock forks would have been happy.

Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

jaydmc - 7/11/2018 8:01 AM My office manager has pretty much the same bike and sidecar as yours as her daily rider. I have owned several GL1500's with sidecars, two with the CSCF3 one bike I have owned 3 times 🙂 and one was done with a Champion Daytona. I have never done anything with the rear shock/spring but keep in mind, when I owned these bikes they were not as old as they now are. I would run the air pressure up as high as it would go with out me on the bike and called it good. On the GL1500 with the Daytona I ended up adding a leading link front end when I sold it as due to the weight of the new owner there was no way the stock forks would have been happy. Jay G DMC sidecars http://www.dmcsidecars.com 866-638-1793

Ok, thanks for this info Jay. Would it make sense to install the progressive dual air shocks on the rear ? My gl1500 only has 49,000 miles on it now. I had a set of those on my 1993 aspy before I sold it and seem to remember them working pretty good.

I weigh 170 lbs and my lady friend friend weighs about 150 lbs. And then all our gear. Sometimes she rides on the back of the bike and sometimes in the car. Would it make any since to install a leading link front end. ?? Would the ride be better ? Or what would I gain ?