Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

California Sidecarists 🙂

Page 1 of 2Next

Calling All California Sidecarists!
Are you tired of wondering if you are the only sidecarist in town? Have you seen a rig heading in the opposite direction, and considered whipping a U–turn and giving chase? Well hopefully, we won’t have to do that much longer.

Your California Representative is establishing a database/list of all CA Sidecarists. The sole purpose of this list to help locate fellow riders. This list will not be used for spam, distributed indiscriminately, or sold. Your privacy is protected and your participation is strictly voluntary. If you are interested in being on the list, and locating other sidecarists in your area, please contact me. No one will be included on the list without permission. Therefore, you must contact me (preferable by email) with the following information, name, address, and phone. I will also need to know how you wish to be contacted. (i.e. only by email, only by phone, email/phone, etc.). Your residential address will never be given out.
Riders on this Sidecar Sidekicks List will be grouped by zip code. You contact me, and I will locate those on the list who are within fifty to one hundred miles of your location, and forward the information. I will not contact anyone on your behalf, nor will I vouch for anyone that I do not personally know. This is a free service to help locate other riders. Who knows, there might be one five blocks from your house. Contact me and find out: Gail Perszyk, USCA CA. Rep. email: gpcalrep@verizon.net Subject: Sidecar Sidekicks. Looking forward to hearing from you. gp

Hello!
I am Norbert Monohan the Nevada Rep. You e-mailed me for contact and information purposes. I can handle that.

I would be happy to be placed on your list.

Name: Joseph Crowe
Add:
Phone:

I've only had my side car for about 2 weeks and still trying to get used to it. I sold my 91 Ultra trike, bot a new 06 HD Street Glide, the got the side car installed. I'd like to hook up with other riders around here to help me learn more about handling the side car since it is so much different than either a trike or just 2 wheels.

Thanks

I ride my Zundapp/sidecar outfit here in Southbay, LA. We go up the coast to Malibu, awesome.

Originally written by nmonohan on 9/29/2006 12:05 PM

Hello!
I am Norbert Monohan the Nevada Rep. You e-mailed me for contact and information purposes. I can handle that.

What part of Nevada do you represent, are you in Southern Nevada or Northern Nevada? Understand that the Major Cities in these regions are several hundreds of miles apart. I guess the same could be said of California, San Diego is several hundred miles from San Fransico. I'm don't know, but are their other Representatives in these States that may have a list of riders and their locals to share?

Great idea, I,m in Nevada city ca, 95959. Have yet to see another rig.
I'm in Singapore for another mo. Thousands of bikes here, no sidecars

Hi

I am in El Dorado Hills ---( up the street from the Purple place and Folsom Prison)

Riding a '96 HD Nostalia with a Liberty Side car - Green & Silver

-( look for an occassional Fawn Boxer in the side car )
John

How do you like your Liberty hack? Thinking about one for my Fatboy.

Originally written by gpers2 on 9/24/2006 2:04 AM

Calling All California Sidecarists!
Are you tired of wondering if you are the only sidecarist in town? Have you seen a rig heading in the opposite direction, and considered whipping a U–turn and giving chase? Well hopefully, we won’t have to do that much longer.

Your California Representative is establishing a database/list of all CA Sidecarists. The sole purpose of this list to help locate fellow riders. This list will not be used for spam, distributed indiscriminately, or sold. Your privacy is protected and your participation is strictly voluntary. If you are interested in being on the list, and locating other sidecarists in your area, please contact me. No one will be included on the list without permission. Therefore, you must contact me (preferable by email) with the following information, name, address, and phone. I will also need to know how you wish to be contacted. (i.e. only by email, only by phone, email/phone, etc.). Your residential address will never be given out.
Riders on this Sidecar Sidekicks List will be grouped by zip code. You contact me, and I will locate those on the list who are within fifty to one hundred miles of your location, and forward the information. I will not contact anyone on your behalf, nor will I vouch for anyone that I do not personally know. This is a free service to help locate other riders. Who knows, there might be one five blocks from your house. Contact me and find out: Gail Perszyk, USCA CA. Rep. email: gpcalrep@verizon.net Subject: Sidecar Sidekicks. Looking forward to hearing from you. gp

Missed you at the rally, Gail......

Thank you, Concho. We hope to find more local riders. The list is growing, but slowly.
Gail

Gail, I think we are on your list, but if not....I spend time in LA, Wrightwood,(and jacksonville, Fla). Would it make any sense to try and organize a get together/ride over the holidays?regards, Greg

Greg:
It always makes sense to do a ride! LOL
Got somewhere in mind?
I was thinking of a jaunt to Joshua Tree either this Sat or Sun. There are a couple of riders over in that area that we might be able to connect up with.
Gail

Gail, sorry for late response, been on the road. I am visitingmo this weekend in Prescott, so wont work. I was thinking of maybe planning something a month or in advance, send e mails, etc. Maybe it wouldnt work, such a large area we live in. Maybe something in Malibu, or Palm Springs (i.e. weather). I have no idea if there is any geographical concentration of members?When it warms up, I'd be happy to host something in Wrightwood, but it might be pretty cold if we tried in the winter.greg

Hi Greg:
Lets "e" offline - after Thanksgiving. I think it would be fun to set something up, and maybe hook up with a couple of riders in Yucca/Palm Springs area. Even if it is a lunch meeting. i.e. There is a decent restaurant on Dillion Road.

The next upcoming ride for some of us will be the Perris Parade on Dec. 8th. I don't know if you want to come down from Wrightwood for that, but the crowd LOVES sidecars, and I don't think it is just for the candy that the passengers toss out. 🙂

Last Year, one of our riders dressed as Santa, and I think the crowd liked him better than the parade Santa. His daughter dressed as Mrs. Claus. He had a great time. Dressing like santa is not one of the requirements for riding in the parade. The riders usually decorate their bikes, but it is also not a requirement. Sidecars are made for parades! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Connie.
Gail

Hi, We are "Snowbirds" from Bend, OR and spending the winter in Palm Desert. We have our 1977 BMW R100S with Sputnik Hack ("Santa's Sleigh") and always look for others to ride with. We will be in the area until April. Contact via email santareg@yahoo.com.Cheers,Santa Ron

Hi Ron & Shirley:
Welcome!
Thank you for your private message, but for some reason I cannot post there. The site doesn't recognize me as a registered user. You can reach me at gpcalrep@verizon.net.
There are a couple of sidecarists in your area, so I hope that they contact you, and you can get in some local riding. Several of us are talking about making a run to Joshua Tree, and also to a restaurant (Josephine's) in Desert Hot Springs.
If you are interested, send me an "e" and we can set up a meet.
Hope to hear from you.
Gail

I just moved to Valley Springs, CA (Calaveras County) near Sac. Was in Vegas for 3 years and 20 years in Simi Valley before that.

Don't have a sidecar yet but am looking for one for my '03 FLTRI. Would like to talk to some people with experience so I can figure out the best one to get. I want to be able to take my dog with me on rides!

Originally written by Chili Pepper Garage on 6/1/2008 8:18 PM

I just moved to Valley Springs, CA (Calaveras County) near Sac. Was in Vegas for 3 years and 20 years in Simi Valley before that.

Don't have a sidecar yet but am looking for one for my '03 FLTRI. Would like to talk to some people with experience so I can figure out the best one to get. I want to be able to take my dog with me on rides!

Hello Chili,

My folks live near Valley Springs at Galt and I get over that way frequently. I'd be happy to ride over and have a talk with you and show off one or two of my rigs.

I live in Silicon Valley and am interested in sidecar rides in Northern California.

Hi:
There is an annual day rally at Lake Berryessa in May. Here is a link to the 2008 information, and contact info for the Northern Cal sidecarists.
The Sidecarist newsletter, a publication free to United Sidecar Association (USCA) members, does have a calendar of events section, but it doesn't necessarily list the small more informal gatherings. Check with Don in the Berryessa link. He might be able to give you better information... Just as a heads up, the National USCA Rally will be in Lake Tahoe in June 2009.
A really great Sidecar Rally will be this Sunday the 19th. Location: Griffith Park. Not really in Nor Cal, but really worth the trip.
Safe riding, Gail

Page 1 of 2Next