Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Bunkie Boucherie 2018 - March 23-25 - Central Louisiana

Bunkie (bun-kee): A farming community in the North end of the Cajun Prairie in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana, named after a little girl who referred to her toy monkey as her "Bunkie" ( http://bunkie.com/GoodStuff/About.Bunkie.htm )

Boucherie (boo-shuh-ree): – A community butchering of a pig which involved several families.... done in late fall to provide meat throughout the winter.... lasts several days....with a big dinner on the last day.... ( http://www.cajundaughters.com/cajun-dictionary-b/ )

Dates: March 23-25, 2018

No, we're really not planning to kill a hog (nor a Hawg), but Ripley's Lane is just off Slaughterhouse Road and I suspect there will be a lot of "chewing the fat" and we'll likely conclude with a big dinner on Saturday evening. This will be another joint sidecar gathering with the TURD's.

Rally central will be at the home of Larry & Barbara at 121 Ripley's Lane in Bunkie, Louisiana. It's easy to find as Ripley's Lane is, literally, their driveway.

Camping: On-site with a bath/shower available. We should be able to accommodate limited electric service if needed.

If you prefer a motel or RV hook-ups, please make your own lodging reservations:

Motels: All-Star Inn 1 mile away - 318-346-8113 or Howard Johnson motel 7 miles West - 318-346-6866

Note: The All-Star Inn is a small motel just down the street the rally site - please make your reservations early.

RV Park: Gator Grounds RV Park on Golf Course Road 6 miles Northeast - 318-295-4030 (https://gatorgrounds.org/)

Preliminary Plans include (subject to change, of course):

Friday:

11:30 Meet-Up for Lunch at Lea's Lunch Room in Lecompte (20 miles North)
followed by 50 mile tour of fish hatchery and local bayou back roads

6:30 Potato Bar Supper at rally central

Saturday:

8:00 Breakfast

9:20 Riders Meeting
9:30 Group Ride to the Louisiana Arboretum (50 mile round trip)

3:30 Sidecar Games

6:00 Awards and Door Prizes

6:30 Supper with the Venture Scouts

There is no Registration, but please let us know you are coming so we can plan meals & rides - either by posting here or email to rleeryder--at--bellsouth.net

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Lee count me in

Don

2015 Ural Patrol, 1980 R65, 1982 R65 original owner, 1975 R 90/6, 1959 TR3A Triumph Don

Lori and Doc Sundin planning to attend

Avanell and I plan on being there.God willing and the creek don't rise.

IT FALLS IN-BETWEEN INFUSIONS SO ANNIE AND I WILL BE THERE

I plan to attend - meet you at lunch in Lecompte. I will be staying at the Best Western in Ville Platte.

The Flyer with proposed schedule + lodging info is posted below, and also attached as a 2-page .pdf for easier printing:

Thanks to Al for the Ride Three logo.

Attached files

Bunkie.Boucherie.2018.Post.pdf (361.7 KB) 

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Aurora and I will be coming from New Mexico. How about some others?

George - 3/5/2018 1:14 PM

Aurora and I will be coming from New Mexico. How about some others?

17 days and counting fast.
Spring is blossoming here in Louisiana.

Preliminary head-count is 35 and growing daily.

And Étouffée just might be on the menu.

I plan to be there and camp. This will be my 1st. Sidecar Get-together, so be gentle. I'll be driving a rig I bought last year from one of your neighbors. This will also be the longest trip I've made on it, so I hope we both make it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bud...

LowriderBud - 3/7/2018 8:35 AM

I plan to be there and camp. This will be my 1st. Sidecar Get-together, so be gentle. I'll be driving a rig I bought last year from one of your neighbors. This will also be the longest trip I've made on it, so I hope we both make it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bud...

We'll be on the look-out for you Bud.

This past weekend we mounted a new front tire on the GS/CSM rig,
so we're 'bout ready for travel...

Hi my ShadowCalifornia II are planing to attend,
Don Mitchell
Bellville, TX

Sorry not going to be able to make it. Have going to Memphis the last few weekends to help my stepmother with my dad. My dad went in the hospital and had a stroke while there. He has been home under hospice care.

2015 Ural Patrol, 1980 R65, 1982 R65 original owner, 1975 R 90/6, 1959 TR3A Triumph Don

Aurora and I are leaving New Mexico in the morning. We will be in Louisiana Sunday P.M. and going to check in with Larry and Barbara. WE are thinking of riding up into Mississippi , Maybe follow the river road or the trace natches and return to meet up with the group Fri. , don't want to miss lunch. Anyone want to meet up, plans are very flexible and open to suggestions. Will have phone with us starting tomorrow 575 921 5749

George, you and Aurora have a safe trip. The Natchez Trace is a great sidecar ride, no billboards, no big trucks. Lots of historic signs to stop and read. Know that there is no fuel or services on the Trace itself. Also watch your speed, it is enforced. Since it is Federal land, speeding tickets go to Federal Court, not to the local JP.

I plan to arrive Thursday late PM with the sidecamper rig, setting up on Ripley's Lane under the trees.

Several sidecar games are planned and ready to go. Fixing to make them more challenging this year, as ya'll are getting too good at winning. Aurora is too good at sweeping the ball across the field in record time.

Jan

The grass is greening up, the azalea's are starting to bloom and the weather forecast is generally favorable. Smile

Donbmw, sorry you can't make it - we pray all goes well with your family.

George, sure wish we could take a few days off to join y'all, but I have too many deadlines to meet this week.

NOTICE - SCHEDULE CHANGES:

The Venture Scouts need to mentor at a Cub Scout event on Saturday, so we are revising the proposed schedule as follows:

Friday:

11:30 Meet-Up for Lunch at Lea's Lunch Room in Lecompte (20 miles North)
followed by 50 mile tour of fish hatchery and local bayou back roads

4:30 Sidecar Games with the Venture Scouts

6:30 Étouffée Supper with the Venture Scouts

Saturday:

8:00 Breakfast
9:20 Riders Meeting
9:30 Group Ride to the Louisiana Arboretum (50 mile round trip)

4:00 Sidecar Games

6:00 Awards and Door Prizes
6:30 Potato Bar Supper at rally central

It's 9 o'clock , just rolled in to Mexia Tx, someone turned on the rain about half way thru Texas. Looks like rain tomorrow but after that maybe better. Yee haw

Butch and I plan on attending. 🙂

Sorry to say we're not going to make it health reasons hope everybody has good time Doc and Lori Sundin