Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Brake pad help needed

I need a pad set for my Hannigan car. The pads are Brembo but I have been unable to use the numbers on them so far to track down replacements. All the on line sites want to know what M/C I have - no idea what else this caliper may have been used on.

Any one have a different way to look up # or locate replacements?

I know your situation... 'Been there.

I went to the EBC catalog. EBC is a big manufacturer of brake parts but the main reason is that they have a huge catalog that actually has pictures and dimensions of their brake pads. Here's the link
http://ebcbrakes.com/Assets/ecatalogues/2015-Intl-MC-Catalogue/2015-intl-mc-catalogue.html#p=1

The catalog is over 800 pages, that's a lot of page turning so I'll give you a hint. The pictures of the brake pads start on page 414. You can type the page number into the box at the top of the page. Look for a general shape match then focus in on dimensions. The best part is that they tell you what bikes the pads fit so you are now armed with an answer when the guy at the bike shop wants to know what bike you have. Take my advice, DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT YOUR SIDECAR UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE THE PADS IN HAND.

Good luck.

This is how I did it. To find pads for my EML GT2. the brake pad companys print a picture catalog and you then match your pads to a picture.. Now you have a part number or an application that you can use fro ordering. try this link http://www.galferusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/GALFER_BIKE-Catalog.pdf

Dennis Kirk thinks I own an old Guzzy dirt bike.

I would have beat Al to it but I couldn't make the page 414 thing work .

You can call Hannigan and order a set from them. They carry the pads that they use on their sidecars.

I use Cyclebrakes.com. E-mail them your dimensions and pictures of the old pads and the calipers and they'll find the replacements. In my case, I got a reply in a couple of hours and my new pads were shipped the same day.