Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

BMW RA Rally in Petoskey, MI

Get out your calendars and pencil in July 6-9. The BMW RA is holding their national rally in Petoskey, MI at the Emmet County Fairgrounds. This is a very nice facility and the RA folks are very sidecar friendly. We can have a "stealth sidecar rally" within the RA rally. More info will soon be available and I'll post a link. This is a perfect alternative to the national if you simply can't make it to Corning...even better come to both!

The BMW RA is the smaller of the two national BMW clubs. Their rally is also smaller and much more friendly than the BMW MOA rally. I've gone for several years now and the crowd is very friendly while the rally has more activity and lots of vendors.

Al will you be goning? Might talk Old school in to riding up with me.:)

Yep, TLMaryann and I are going. In fact, I'm the vendor chair for the event. There will be lots of vendors and probably a few hundred attendees. Dave and Greg Skudlarek are also coming. I've scouted the grounds and there's lots of nice camping and a lot of it has electricity if you need it. The motels in town are plentiful but this is a big tourist area and motels are on the expensive side in the summer high season.

Riding in the area is really nice, especially Hwy 119, "The Tunnel of Trees" north out of Petoskey along the lake shore up to Cross Village. It's about 30 miles and a little over an hour one way. That's if you don't stop off at Pond Hill Farm/Harbor Springs Winery for an incredible grilled cheese and a cool beverage.

I'd love to see lot of sidecars show up.

When you ride up The Tunnel of Trees road to Cross Village, don't miss stopping at Legs Inn, for great food and extreme beauty. Just look for the stone and carved log building. Well worth a stop.

Legg's Inn was closed for the season but they will be open during the rally in July!