Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

BMW R90/6 Subframe

I am wondering if anybody has a picture of the subframe for a R90/6

I have looked on the internet but the pictures are not clear enough so that I can see how they are made so I can fabricate my own

Or better yet is there anybody within driving distance of Minneapolis Minnesota that I can come and look at ?

Thanks

You are the very reason why we do not post photo's of our sub frames. We have a lot of experience in designing sidecar mounting systems and know that there is a lot more to it then just the design, material choice also makes a difference. I have been to events where people have mounts that are quite clearly copies of my designs and as they more often then not do not pay as close attention to detail or have them powder coated it reflects poorly on us as many people will look at it and think you purchased it from us. We even once had a person with a BMW sub frame that failed and wanted us to fix it as it was clearly our design. I had them send me a photo and it was clear that it was our design but not of our manufacture!
Copying some one else's designs is no more ethical then coping an artists music rather then buying it or what some companies in China have done with some of our products, buy one, copy it and then sell it for less then the steel costs us to make it here in the USA. In the case of one of our products for Goldwing's this cost 2 jobs.
Now on the other hand if you wish to design your own mounting system go for it, we will even help by selling you bits and pieces we make on CNC equipment so that you do not have to make them one off by hand.
Copying some one else's designs with out permission who is making there living with these designs is steeling.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30