Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

BMW K75 Rig

Looking at buying a BMW K75 with a Hannigan sidecar/ classic model I think.
Any body running this combo/ any input welcome/as this is my first outfit.
But it had some issues/salvage title/motor replaced due to accident.
But it does look good.

I can only comment on K75 (s). I rode one for years (but on 2 wheels) and was totally happy with it. It the entire time and many miles not one maintenance problem. That "triple" 3 cyl engine is legendary for being the smoothest runner one can ever find................... Find out when the last grease job was done within the bell housing. Most Beemers never seem to "snik" into gear and will readily show the unwanted dry "splines" in that area. Was the build up of the "sidecar to K75" done by the Hannigan Factory? If so you would find a quality job on the bike's subframe/ sidecar and mount. Others to look for would be Jay at DMC Eunumclaw, Washington or Claude's in Pennsylvania. These are all the most visible and highly rated sidecar designers/ installers/ fabricators.

In your case the questions of damage assessment/ repair and engine swap with title questions ......might raise a red flag. Is that hack currently licensed and insured? It would seem that a salvage title might pose problems (Ohio DMV) getting registered/ licensed/ insured? I would think someone that is familiar in this area will hop in here and give you some good advice. You need to talk to the Ohio DMV and your insurance people.

Is there any chance someone who is "hack" familiar would have a chance to give you some assistance in looking before doing the deal?

I have a K75 rig with a spudnick sidecar, it has 14,000 miles on it, clean title, and I'm about 30 miles from you. bikes a RT model with electric windshield.. $6,800 or OBO. 937-554-1817