Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

BMW K1100LT with Motorvation Formula 2 sidecar 2+2 $6,500

I have decided to sell our family motorcycle sidecar rig. I purchased this 4 years ago from the original owner. He attached this 1996 Motorvation Formula 2 sidecar to this 1995 BMW K1100 LT in 1996 and put 60,000 miles on this rig attending BMW and sidecar rallies all over the United States with his wife in the sidecar. He was the president of the United sidecar association and took impeccable care of this rig and kept it in a garage.

This is a very unique ride because 2 people can comfortably sit in the sidecar, making this a vehicle for 4. My wife usually sits with our 6 year old, (who started riding in this rig at 2.5) and our 13 year old sits behind me. But we can put both kids in the sidecar and sit on the bike together. It has a switch at the thumb that allows you to raise or lower the sidecar to compensate for road crown or different cargo weights.

I can go on and on about how unique of a rig this is, but if you are interested, it's better to come see this beauty in person.

New Michelin tires. New battery.

Pictures at link below

https://asheville.craigslist.org/mpo/d/tryon-bmw-k1100-motorcycle-with-sidecar/7217598010.html

Price drop!!!

$7,500

Price drop $7,000

Quote from New rider on July 21, 2020, 1:39 pm

I have decided to sell our family motorcycle sidecar rig. I purchased this 4 years ago from the original owner. He attached this 1996 Motorvation Formula 2 sidecar to this 1995 BMW K1100 LT in 1996 and put 60,000 miles on this rig attending BMW and sidecar rallies all over the United States with his wife in the sidecar. He was the president of the United sidecar association and took impeccable care of this rig and kept it in a garage.

This is a very unique ride because 2 people can comfortably sit in the sidecar, making this a vehicle for 4. My wife usually sits with our 6 year old, (who started riding in this rig at 2.5) and our 13 year old sits behind me. But we can put both kids in the sidecar and sit on the bike together. It has a switch at the thumb that allows you to raise or lower the sidecar to compensate for road crown or different cargo weights.

I can go on and on about how unique of a rig this is, but if you are interested, it's better to come see this beauty in person.

New Michelin tires. New battery.

Pictures at link below

Price drop $6,500

New link to photos:

https://asheville.craigslist.org/mpo/d/tryon-bmw-k1100-motorcycle-with-sidecar/7217598010.html

If you still have it in the spring, the BMWRA national rally is scheduled for May in Waynesville.  It's just a half hour ride!

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc

I will include 4 matching black HJC helmets. Sizes XL, 2 mediums, 1 extra small for children. They are 1/2- 3/4 helmets with built in sun shades in excellent condition.

I would suggest also listing in the C/L motorcycles area - your advert is in the motorcycle parts area.

Dave Norris 

Gastonia NC

Is the bike sold? The link to Craigslist goes 404 (dead)?

Is this still for sale? I am very interested, live north of Atlanta. 

I think it's safe to say this is sold, the OP hasn't been logged on in 9 months. 

Good luck in your search, hope you find a nice rig to meet your needs 

USCA # 8913