Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Bingham MKII For Sale

Time to move this unit on. $425 OBO. Nice, light weight sidecar, less than 180 pounds. Will attach to most any bike. Running light in the fender, flared fender covering the Honda 600 car wheel.

SOLD

Les
Thousand Oaks, CA

Attached files

I wish you weren't so far away! If you are ever headed to the midwest, and can haul it, I would be interested. Shipping would be more than it's worth, though.

Here's the one that broke 4 (maybe 5) Bonneville speed records in 1987/88. One at over 143 MPH (with a passenger). Some of the others were with 2 women (the monkey was 72 years old).
They don't allow passengers now. They were real sidecars in those days instead of just a third wheel.

Lonnie

Attached files

Is this Skip Baker??

Les

Yep!

One year they drove that outfit to the Griffith Park Rally. And I had an opportunity to drive it. Do you know what happened to Skip and Pam?? I think I recall being told that Skip had passed away. If I remember right, he did have some sort of heart problem.

Les

Was that with the turbocharged Beemer?

No. The rig pictured.

That sure would look good on my rig. But just to far away.

Hey Les68,

Tried to send you a PM but it's just sitting in the outbox; I'm not here much but am interested in your car.

Drop me a line at jburbee (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks,

Jay

I am interested, would it go on a Moto Guzzi, I am up the hill in Lancaster

redskyw - 1/12/2016 7:52 PM

I am interested, would it go on a Moto Guzzi, I am up the hill in Lancaster

Hi - I think you might want to add a little weight to the sidecar as this may be a little light for the Guzzi. I think it would be a good match.

Les

I am trying to find a day to come down and see it.

redskyw - 1/15/2016 1:25 AM

I am trying to find a day to come down and see it.

I am available most days with a little notice.

Les

thank you.
I know nothing about side cars. I do know that they need to be mounted to the motorcycle correctly, and may need special linkage. I will not be carrying passengers, just stuff. so Adding weight will not get in the way. I have ridden solo bikes for 50 years. Would like to be able to take more things with me. If it sells before I get there I understand.

Where would I look for linkage to put it on my bike?

Thank you for your help.

Lee

Hi - send me an email to les.leach@yahoo.com

email sent

Les,
Is the car still available, or even in your hands anymore? If so, and if you would be willing to crate it and ship it (at my expense, of course!), I would be interested in giving it a new life.