Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Bike show competition

I entered my bike into my first bike show this weekend. I've never done anything like that before, in fact, I've never even thought about doing it, til someone said I should. It was a small benefit show for the Harvest Hope food drive, a nonprofit that actually does a lot of good work around here.
There were only 2 sidecars in the competition, but quite a few other bikes. They had trophies for several different categories, with primary divisions being metric and American.
Now you guys and gals that have done these shows and walked away winners, may remember your first trophies, but I've never entered any competition with all the bikes I've owned.
I won first in custom division, and best of show in metric division, not bad for my first try, and the other guy with his sidecar, a very nicely done black on black BMW with a BMW sidecar assembled by DMC in California brought home second place in custom category. All the other customs were great, but I guess the uniqueness of the sidecars were enough to sway the judges.
It really felt great to walk away with the winner for the first time. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Doc

Attached files

Congratulations! But you know what they say - "if you don't have pictures it didn't really happen". How about a pic with the trophy on the rig?

Congratulations Doc. Events around here generally place sidecars in the "Trike" class. And, yeah: Ya got a pic??

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Congratulation!

picture has been added.
you might notice my bike is somewhat different than most, lol

Doc

Doktor - 8/30/2011 7:31 PM

picture has been added.
you might notice my bike is somewhat different than most, lol

Doc

And a "Bueat" it is!
Congratulations Doc!

Congrats on the win!! I put together an all VTX bike show a few years back, and it was a hit at the county fair. We had roughly 30 bikes in the show, and 2 classes. 1300 VTX and 1800 VTX. How does the 1300 push the hack around? I've got an 1800 Retro, but no sidecar on it...at the moment! 🙂

Congrats on the win. Murph, my dog, and I went to a local church car show in Abilene a couple of years back. The fellow with the super sharp trike next to us spent a good hour in preping the thing for the show. He roped off everything around his ride and made sure no one could touch it, after unloading it from his trailer that was every bit as costly and spiffy as his trike. Murph and I didn't even know the show was in town, but had simply ridden by and were flagged down and encouraged to participate. Well, the Troyka was dirty as heck and we had not time or inclination to wash it. We just got our participation number and drove in and parked. Guess who won? Yup, Murph's first trophy. The fellow on the trike got nothing, but sure got ticked by the end of the show. Murph and I had a blast though and his trophy still has its place out in the garage. We've won a time or two since then, but nothing is as much fun to remember as that first win. Again, congrats on your win.

Congrats on the win. Murph, my dog, and I went to a local church car show in Abilene a couple of years back. The fellow with the super sharp trike next to us spent a good hour in preping the thing for the show. He roped off everything around his ride and made sure no one could touch it, after unloading it from his trailer that was every bit as costly and spiffy as his trike. Murph and I didn't even know the show was in town, but had simply ridden by and were flagged down and encouraged to participate. Well, the Troyka was dirty as heck and we had not time or inclination to wash it. We just got our participation number and drove in and parked. Guess who won? Yup, Murph's first trophy. The fellow on the trike got nothing, but sure got ticked by the end of the show. Murph and I had a blast though and his trophy still has its place out in the garage. We've won a time or two since then, but nothing is as much fun to remember as that first win. Again, congrats on your win.

In our current triple-digit heat down here in my part of Texas, I am not so apt to go participate in any car and cycle shows these days. Man, it is hot, hot, hot. 🙂

Attached files

Congrats!!! very nice too!