Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Bigfoot Sidecar Rally

Dave Irvine, Tom Wells, Scotty Witcher, Maxine and John Betts and I all rode our sidecar rigs to Toad Rock Campground, just outside of Kaslo, B.C. in Canada in July to attend the Bigfoot Sidecar club's rally. We had a great time in spite of the mosquitoes. The campground owner was a very laid back lady who let us camp and eat her meals all on the "honor system". We were supposed to keep a tally of what we ate and how many nights we camped and then put the money in an envelope and put it in a box on the way out. There was free use of blankets and sleeping bags if you needed them.. I have never camped anywhere that was more hospitable to motorcyclists. The Bigfoot Sidecar club of Langley,B.C. is a club that has been around for several years. They have a rally every other year in Canada, and every other year in the USA. They are a fun group.

While we were at Toad Rock, one of USA members, Jack Fassal, announced that there will be a sidecar rally at Ellensburg, WA on Memorial Day weekend next year. There will be more information available as time passes.

We keep seeing more sidecar rigs on the road as time goes on. When asked why we have sidecar rigs instead of trikes, our stock reply is that we carry our camping gear in the sidecar rigs and all of our clothes and food etc. It sure beats shelling out big bucks for a motel or hotel.

Our weather here in North Idaho has been fantastic for riding all summer long. The fall looks promising too. We are going to ride as long as the weather permits. It makes a lot longer riding season when you have three wheels. Billi

It sure was a memorable rally!! Fabulous roads and scenery in the area and so many good friends to share the experience with!! I'd add yellow jackets to your list of annoying insects though... Minor in the grand scheme of things.

That Sounds like a really cool rally. We had hoped to make it, but just too far after having made two 600+ mile trips.. plus the heat down here in the south has been pretty dang intense. Hope you have pictures and an article for the Sidecarist. I for one, would like to see a feature article. 🙂
Plus the heat, we had been having unexpected flooding in the surrounding towns. Very weird. One area flooded, and the next - no rain at all...
Glad your weather has been good.
Take care, enjoy the ridin. 🙂
gail

I sent a bit of an article in for the Sidecarist but it was more about the ride up and back than about the rally. It was a fine rally and I was really impressed with Toad Rock campground. Years ago Barb and I used to ride up that way somewhat regularly but we camped at provincial parks. We really missed the boat by not knowing about Toad Rock!!

On those days Thomas and I were on our way from Anchorage to Fairbanks. So in representative my Denali greating. (Mc Kinsley behind the clouds as usual)
Sven 😉 :O 🙂 🙂 🙂

Attached files