Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Back in the saddle again

The truck arrived as promised and I am now back on three wheels. With all the time that has passed, the battery was dead without hope of reanimation. With a jump from the car I was able to start it, old gas and all, and ride it the mile home. The semi would not be able to get into and deliver it on my residential street. After a wash to remove the transport dust and a cursory inspection I checked the oil, air, water and looked it over for tightness. Tomorrow is the trip back to the parking lot to get the feel of it on turns, starts and stops. Then a quick trip to the store for a helmet for the bride.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Deleted user, CCjon and masegraves have reacted to this post.
Deleted userCCjonmasegraves
2014 CB1100 Std, 2000 ST1100 with DMC Classic, 1981 CB650C

Nice.  Looking fwd to pics & stories once you grow accustomed to the rig.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Wow that is Sweet looking. very nice looking set up. Good to see your back on the road

USCA # 8913

That is a nice looking rig... Best of times with it.

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

TBC, great looking rig, congratulations. I know this is not your first rodeo, remind me, what WAS YOUR PREVIOUS RIG?

I had a GL1200 SEI with a California . The car was fine, but I had a continuing series of problems with the GL. I sold it two years ago.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

That is a nice looking rig, like the color. But the sidecar wheel looks like it's lost under the fender, the rest looks great.  

Hi Jim:

I think I remember that you had trouble making it to the Monumental Rally in the Black Hill because of that GL acting up.  

Happy riding.  That is a very nice looking rig.  

Will Short

Ex-President USCA

It is hard to tell what color the rig is.  On the nose it appears to be a very dark red, much like Black Cherry.  The fender is probably wide to fit the  sidecar wheel, which appears to be a car tire.

The bike is the original 2000-2002 ST1100 color. And, yes the sidecar is slightly different. It is most noticeable in the bright sun, but after the third try to match Honda's magic, I will take what I have. The build of the DMC sidecar and the engineering of the custom mount by Jay are superb. I just want now, to ride it and enjoy the rig.

The fender is wide and could take a car tire, there is however, a motorcycle tire on that wheel. Empty the car rides a little rough. I think with the camping gear, or the bride aboard it will be more smooth. The leading link front rides better than the forks equipped and tuned with Traxion Dynamics cartridges, but my days of riding at the level that suspension allowed, are over. I'm not as fast as I used to be, and never as fast as I thought I was. In fact, much of the reason I have a sidecar on the ST is because I have difficulty with my knees and the bike is top heavy.

I'am surprised Jay didn't have a better fitting fender, but the rig is still good looking..

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure with this vehicle. 

We make about 20 different fenders, this is the style was ordered.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30
Quote from jaydmc on August 10, 2020, 9:24 am

We make about 20 different fenders, this is the style was ordered.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

I did order that fender. I wanted to keep as much spray under control as I could. It also is, IMHO, the best looking fender with that car. It worked out well in the light rain and wet pavement this past weekend. It kept a lot of spray off the bike and car body.

Jim

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user
Quote from Alex Mckenzie on August 10, 2020, 1:28 am

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure with this vehicle. 

I do apologize. Since windows 10 I have become completely computer illiterate. I have been trying to get my photo's resized to the 2 GB size limit and have failed to do so. I seem to be reduced to a text only contributor.

Jim

Now I'am really surprise with 20 different fenders that he didn't have a better fitting fender that would have done the same job. JMO