Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

August Board Meeting

A Board meeting was held on July 12. It was the August Board Meeting.
Here is the announcement
“The board of the USCA will meet in the chat-room at racedis on monday night at 8 pm. “
Well the time was changed to 8:30 because of the time zone difference East to West. Some of us were there promptly at the designated time . I was ejected by Yahoo somewhere around 9:30 with the meeting just being called to order. Since neither The MW Director or I could get back into chat, I can only report the motions, and votes. A fax was presented containing a proxy from Al Roach giving The President his vote.(Note here: proxies are not allowed according to our Constitution) So evidently after I left there must have been some rules announced. The ability to vote was based on a Board Members presence in the Chat room and the polls section would close 15 minutes after the meeting was adjourned.
The issues presented along with the vote count are as follows:

POLL QUESTION: Are you in favor of Claude Stanley as
owner of racedis and that he be invited
here as moderator

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- yes, 5 votes, 100.00%
- no, 0 votes, 0.00%

POLL QUESTION: Steve Woodward on racedis as non voting
observer

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- yes, 3 votes, 100.00%
- no, 0 votes, 0.00

POLL QUESTION: DO you accept Dave's volunteer as a
state rep?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- Yes, 6 votes, 100.00%
- No, 0 votes, 0.00%

POLL QUESTION: Have monthley board meeting the first
Monday of the month starting in Sept.
At 8:30 pm est. Meeting to be not more
than one hour.

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- yes, 4 votes, 100.00%
- no, 0 votes, 0.00%

POLL QUESTION: Motion to reinstate Al Roaches pay as
registrar for 6 months so a BRC can
return to the board with suggestions

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- yes, 4 votes, 80.00%
- no, 1 votes, 20.00%

Al Roach continues to be paid at the rate of $200.00 per month. Anyone desiring to serve on this Blue Ribbon Committee please contact your President John Kennedy.

Many suggestions for an improved way to meet were presented but to date have fallen by the wayside.

So while we have thrown out the Constitution and Bylaws along with Roberts Rules and common courtesy, there will be another Board Meeting and this time the rules have been posted in advance.

“The Sept board meeting is set for the first Monday in Sept. At 830 Central time. It will be in the chat room.
Hopefully we will have an agenda posted. The polls will be open during the meeting and close fifteen minutes after the meeting is adjourned. This way even if you get bounced out of the chat room you can still go to the poles and vote.”

Funny thing that I never considered the quick adoption of the web as a communication tool for the USCA. Looking back on when I "recreated" the Constitution & By-Laws (1990-91) I should have saw this coming. As for Robert's rules they still should be followed, but with the web, you'll need to be wary of time zones. As for Al's stipend, I've worked with Al while handling the reins of the USCA and know that he's overworked and underpaid.

John,
Thankyou for your post. As a past president & "recreater" of the Constitution & By-Laws (1990-91) would you like to help us (the board) redo it again. We are starting on it next meeting.

Not sure if I've got the time to spend on this. As long as it's a small piece of the overall puzzle, I could help. Let me know. I'll try to keep monitoring the web site. In the meantime, I see that the board approved funds for a new system for the registrar. If this is to replace the system that Al Roach has been using, it's a LONG TIME COMING! I know, I rewrote the old dBaseIII interface for him and got it to work somewhat consistently.